Over 10 pounds

Dirtyhip

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Don't you have a boy toy with a whip?  How is that going?

Well...I have been off for two weeks after getting the fattie tumor removed...But I expect to get going here again..also had some kind of allergy/bug...so the off time came at a good time. He is into workouts not diet....I have cut back..but not out on some things...I have great Muscle Mass. My lean Body Mass is 98.5 pounds...but I gotta drop some fat..I do think my age makes it more challenging..

Boy Toy with a whip....Hahahahahaha  I am gonna pass that one on to him!!

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I have been off for two weeks after getting the fattie tumor removed...But I expect to get going here again..also had some kind of allergy/bug...so the off time came at a good time. He is into workouts not diet....I have cut back..but not out on some things...I have great Muscle Mass. My lean Body Mass is 98.5 pounds...but I gotta drop some fat..I do think my age makes it more challenging..

Boy Toy with a whip....Hahahahahaha  I am gonna pass that one on to him!!

Age is thing with weight loss for sure.  

Have you identified your triggers?  Like, things that make you binge or eat what you should cut back on?

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Wow...I just can't  lose...

Yes, you can, we all can.

I had been going to the gym for a year, this was a while back when I first started exercising.  I had a trainer.  Regular sessions, he'd get on my case even when it wasn't session time.

After a year, I weighed the same.  I asked what was going on.  He said I was doing all the work correctly, but that wasn't the problem.  He gave me three words of very sound advice.

Shut your mouth.

It's all a little different for all of us, but it mostly comes down to what we eat.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Yes, you can, we all can.

I had been going to the gym for a year, this was a while back when I first started exercising.  I had a trainer.  Regular sessions, he'd get on my case even when it wasn't session time.

After a year, I weighed the same.  I asked what was going on.  He said I was doing all the work correctly, but that wasn't the problem.  He gave me three words of very sound advice.

Shut your mouth.

It's all a little different for all of us, but it mostly comes down to what we eat.

I am in the same boat as petite. I swear my metabolism has just about shutdown because I think I eat fairly well, but my weight has crept up. Beer is somewhat implicated though. :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am in the same boat as petite. I swear my metabolism has just about shutdown because I think I eat fairly well, but my weight has crept up. Beer is somewhat implicated though. :(

This is one thing I do not do.  I do not drink my calories.  It is too easy to overdo it.

I do get an occasional milkshake.  But, it is a treat.  

49 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

This is one thing I do not do.  I do not drink my calories.  It is too easy to overdo it.

I do get an occasional milkshake.  But, it is a treat.  

Never drink your calories.

Try MyfFitnessPal, or something else, for a week or a month.  Don't try and stick with the calories they recommend, just use it as a reality check.  Be brutally honest and track absolutely everything.  If you have three almonds, put them in.  A 1/2 glass of orange juice, that too.  One beer after a rotten day, yup, put it in.

I agree with @FaQ that a calorie is not a calorie.  I never felt that way in the past, but I agree with it, to a point.  I don't bye in to the full Keto idea, I believe it will be remembered as just another fad diet.

I think the food we eat is often not food, and it is not the food our grandparents ate.  It is super processed and that is really hard to avoid.

All things in moderation.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

One of those things is a scam.

I sill not talk about SS, not allowed.  Yoga is an ancient form of art, exercise, or meditation.  Partly rooted in helping monks be able to sit in meditative poses for many hours, partly to help them become better warriors.  It is very healing.  Holistic medicine is likely far superior to pill pushing Western medicine.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

It is really just incredibly dumb to use words from that dead language.  American people, American words.  Simple.  Not stupid.

It honors the tradition of the art.  In many classes, they use "American" words.

25 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't bye in to the full Keto idea, I believe it will be remembered as just another fad diet.

I was gonna rail on DH for her use of the word 'fad' in another thread, but couldn't get around to it, so I will here.  Telephones were a fad, radios were a fad, televisions were a fad, oral sex was a fad, labradoodles were a fad, anal sex was a fad, smartphones were a fad.  These fads all stood the test of time.  For instance, I am typing this on a smart phone while having anal with a labradoodle right now.  If that is a fad, count me in!

Anyway, with word spreading about things that actually work for some or the many, people that can stick with them because they are effective.  You are on a fad diet right now that works for you at the moment.  Gluten problems?  Just a fad, right?  Fasting does make intuitive sense in lots of ways, it just becomes a willpower issue for most.  Keto works for lots of people, but they might grow tired of it just like most vegans get tired of it and go on to something healthier, it isn't the end of the world.

Anyway, you can't discount something because you don't understand it (or refuse to) or don't like it (like those stupid yogurt words you constantly rail against).  They are all fun to troll-rail against, though.

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Holistic medicine is likely far superior to pill pushing Western medicine.

Homeopathy is not holistic medicine, homeopathy is simply the dumbest scam that the planet's most gullible, and ONLY the most gullible fall for.  

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I sill not talk about SS, not allowed.  Yoga is an ancient form of art, exercise, or meditation.  Partly rooted in helping monks be able to sit in meditative poses for many hours, partly to help them become better warriors.  It is very healing.  Holistic medicine is likely far superior to pill pushing Western medicine.

It honors the tradition of the art.  In many classes, they use "American" words.

Using a dead and stupid language honors nothing, and it is offputting.  "Oh, look at me, using words no one really knows so I can appear to be 'spritual' is some pompous nitwit fashion".  No thanks.  Help me be bendy by knowing your physiological shit, and nothing more, thank you.

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes, agreed.  That is why PRI is such a special affliction, there are no false promises or subterfuge.

I do appreciate the use of english words when used in yogurt, so much more pragmatic!

My instructor says the "insert strange word" and then she will say or Cobra pose.  She is very clear.

The class does get somewhat hippy with the get in touch with your body (you know all about that) and she talks about affirmations and healing.  She is grrrooooovy!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My instructor says the "insert strange word" and then she will say or Cobra pose.  She is very clear.

The class does get somewhat hippy with the get in touch with your body (you know all about that) and she talks about affirmations and healing.  She is grrrooooovy!

I probably wouldn't get along with her.  I get annoyed with people who identify as "spiritual but not religious".  To me, that just translates into "confused".  Constant affirmations are for the weak.   Plus, just say cobra pose and not be all poser about it.

I have to agree with RG on this.  The use of strange hippie dippy bs words in yoga is just the bored housewife con job.  It is stupid.   Put on your yoga pants, pull your pony tail through your ball cap, grab a Starbucks and jump off a cliff.  Lemmings! Sorry to those I may offend.  :) I do stretchy classes but won't subscribe to hinduism to calm my soul. 

• Heart 1

In the US Yoga is pretty much...exercise

Origins were that these poses would help with meditation after a sequence of poses your mind would be more in tune during meditation...a spiritual practice..not a religion.....By the time Yoga trended toward the US it was exercise...in the early 1900's the poses became part of physical training...and the spiritual aspect meh not so much.....As with everything...it is swinging to more spiritual again...but don't worry it will not swing that way in the West....here it is all about fitness.

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

yoga is a religion? :scratchhead:

It's a practice.  It stems from a certain culture, and has evolved into something very cool that other cultures have embraced. So Fing what?

Not sure why people are so bitter about something that is bringing me a lot of joy.  It is healing me.  Although, I know my dearest @Randomguy is really just messing with me.  We talk often and I know he is poking to josh me and see if he can get me riled up.  No one should ever take RG serious.  he is like me, with the severed hand.

I just googled Hinduism and their belief structure is kind, moral and makes a lot ore sense to me than much of the other organized religions.  I see no problem with this.  I will embrace Ganapati for strength against the naysayers.  That is all.  LOL

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

In the US Yoga is pretty much...exercise

Origins were that these poses would help with meditation after a sequence of poses your mind would be more in tune during meditation...a spiritual practice..not a religion.....By the time Yoga trended toward the US it was exercise...in the early 1900's the poses became part of physical training...and the spiritual aspect meh not so much.....As with everything...it is swinging to more spiritual again...but don't worry it will not swing that way in the West....here it is all about fitness.

I will say that I have cried during practice.  It was unexpected and overwhelmed me.  Felt good, and my instructor said that it was a great sign that I am getting down to inner business so to speak. Since then, I am feeling much more peaceful and happy.  

Don't care if anyone believes in it, or thinks it is Hindu.  If so, fine.  I am becoming Hindu.  Who cares?

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, FaQ said:

I have to agree with RG on this.  The use of strange hippie dippy bs words in yoga is just the bored housewife con job.  It is stupid.   Put on your yoga pants, pull your pony tail through your ball cap, grab a Starbucks and jump off a cliff.  Lemmings! Sorry to those I may offend.  :) I do stretchy classes but won't subscribe to hinduism to calm my soul. 

You really have been waking up on the bitter side of the bed.  Is everything OK in your life.  

You should try to practice more shaanti in your life.  :)

2 minutes ago, FaQ said:

Ah well, that kills Yoga too.  It all stems from the Vedas.  (religious script)  :) 

Please stop trying to hijack.

I don't believe that yoga is a religion out here.  It is a practice.

there are lots of cultural things that have started as one thing and morphed into something for others.  That is all I am going to say.

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Please stop trying to hijack.

I don't believe that yoga is a religion out here.  It is a practice.

there are lots of cultural things that have started as one thing and morphed into something for others.  That is all I am going to say.

Quit over reacting!  There is no hijacking here.  If you have a problem with facts, either accept them or reject them and move on.  Your choice doesn't change the facts though.   The Verdas spawned four religious disciplines, Yoga, Hinduism, Jainism and Bhudism.  The mention of one is no different than the others.   At least learn what you preach.