Finally...the Miata saga may be nearing an end!

groupw

We had someone turn left in front of us on Friday the 13th. I’m not superstitious. This is just for time reference. Things seemed to be happening the first couple days then it got quiet. After not hearing ANYTHING for several days, I called the claims office. They said they had no quote. 

I called the body shop. The main estimator had been sick. Since I had stated I would like to save the car if possible, she had put the file in a separate spot so she could handle personally. She assured me she would send the quote that day. When I didn’t hear anything by last Thursday , I called again. The claim office said still no quote. I decided to get my agent more involved. He said he would try to rattle some cages. 

By Monday, still no word. Called the body shop. Seems the online claim system told her it was submitted but had not done so. I was ready to call her a liar, but she had dates and times in her email on when she got confirmation. I called the agency again and got the office manager. She was definitely more versed than the agent. Within 20 minutes, she got more done than the claim office or agent in the last 3 weeks! 

Today I got an email from the claim office that they paid the body shop. Body shop said they should have parts within 2 days of getting paid! Sounds like a good chance we will have a Miata again by next week! Shame we lost so much fall convertible weather to bureaucracy!

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, groupw said:

We had someone turn left in front of us on Friday the 13th. I’m not superstitious. This is just for time reference. Things seemed to be happening the first couple days then it got quiet. After not hearing ANYTHING for several days, I called the claims office. They said they had no quote. 

I called the body shop. The main estimator had been sick. Since I had stated I would like to save the car if possible, she had put the file in a separate spot so she could handle personally. She assured me she would send the quote that day. When I didn’t hear anything by last Thursday , I called again. The claim office said still no quote. I decided to get my agent more involved. He said he would try to rattle some cages. 

By Monday, still no word. Called the body shop. Seems the online claim system told her it was submitted but had not done so. I was ready to call her a liar, but she had dates and times in her email on when she got confirmation. I called the agency again and got the office manager. She was definitely more versed than the agent. Within 20 minutes, she got more done than the claim office or agent in the last 3 weeks! 

Today I got an email from the claim office that they paid the body shop. Body shop said they should have parts within 2 days of getting paid! Sounds like a good chance we will have a Miata again by next week! Shame we lost so much fall convertible weather to bureaucracy!

You have to fight with bureaucracy and beat it into submission.

• Heart 1

I was worried they were going to total it too! Everyone kept saying that through the process. I was even doing searches for a replacement. Comparable Miatas in the regions were selling much higher than KBB. Turns out Kelly factors in cars with salvage titles. Mine was not salvage and I made it VERY clear I would not accept one as a replacement. Suddenly repairing my car apparently became more viable. 

• Heart 1