RG

Square Wheels

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Were you on a debate team in high school, or college?  Have you ever considered going to law school?

Funny story.

Back in the day when I lived in Chicago, I had a girlfriend that fancied herself pretty smart.  She was.  She had a best friend that fancied herself smarter than anyone.  She was annoying.  They both took the LSAT and got 36's, which put them in the top 15% of test takers nationwide.  My gf's best friend was insufferable.

I told them that my gift in life was multiple choice, and that I could do better than they did.  We made some bet involving alcohol and pride and paying for each others tests.   I went and studied LSAT practice tests (the same ones they did-real books because this was 1990) when I wasn't hanging out with the gf.  I got a 42, which put me in the top 2% of test takers nationwide.  That shut the best friend up pretty good, all I had to do was just mention that when she was around and was annoying, which is a redundant thing to say because she was always annoying when she was around.

Anyway, I suddenly thought I ought to explore the whole deal and went to law school open houses and such.  I also talked to several lawyers who were all miserable, and I didn't want to be miserable, so I canned the whole idea after a couple of months.

I also had a mutual breakup with the gf, who afterward went to Loyola law school with her annoying best friend,  The now ex-gf graduated, took a job as a lawyer, and quit law after two years of being miserable .  The best friend remained a lawyer and is presumably annoying clients and judges and other lawyers to this day.

I honestly think I would be far better off had I gone to law school, I missed on that one.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Were you on a debate team in high school, or college?  Have you ever considered going to law school?

nope, but I have a friend I just contacted because he is a lawyer (not by choice)
I went to college with him for the one really heavy drug fill year of my life when I wanted to try and be something worth while... 

Anywho.. he was in school working and building lasers and his teacher bet him $20 he could not become a lawyer. Welp.. he won the bet and collected the $20 a bit later down the road.. now he is one of the top leading people in the field of marijuana law. Pictures poset on magazines, trips all over the world to speak at conferences, and so on... me... I'm just a putz 

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Funny story.

Back in the day when I lived in Chicago, I had a girlfriend that fancied herself pretty smart.  She was.  She had a best friend that fancied herself smarter than anyone.  She was annoying.  They both took the LSAT and got 36's, which put them in the top 15% of test takers nationwide.  My gf's best friend was insufferable.

I told them that my gift in life was multiple choice, and that I could do better than they did.  We made some bet involving alcohol and pride and paying for each others tests.   I went and studied LSAT practice tests (the same ones they did-real books because this was 1990) when I wasn't hanging out with the gf.  I got a 42, which put me in the top 2% of test takers nationwide.  That shut the best friend up pretty good, all I had to do was just mention that when she was around and was annoying, which is a redundant thing to say because she was always annoying when she was around.

Anyway, I suddenly thought I ought to explore the whole deal and went to law school open houses and such.  I also talked to several lawyers who were all miserable, and I didn't want to be miserable, so I canned the whole idea after a couple of months.

I also had a mutual breakup with the gf, who afterward went to Loyola law school with her annoying best friend,  The now ex-gf graduated, took a job as a lawyer, and quit law after two years of being miserable .  The best friend remained a lawyer and is presumably annoying clients and judges and other lawyers to this day.

I honestly think I would be far better off had I gone to law school, I missed on that one.

One of my sisters is a workers comp attorney and she’s hated it for the past 30 years.  It pays for her horse property & animals but if she could she’d quit now.  She’s got another 5 years until she can retire.

It seems all of her attorney friends are miserable too.