Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Square Wheels

10/9 miles

Recommended Posts

It seems that running at 7k elevation is harder than I planned.  Beautiful, short, run along the rim this morning.  Still catching my breath.  Really windy (haven't had that yet) and super cold.  Probably in the 30s.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vwq17Y947BO <-- this is cool.  If I were in better shape I'd do a 10 mile run along the rim.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4139952146

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It seems that running at 7k elevation is harder than I planned.  Beautiful, short, run along the rim this morning.  Still catching my breath.  Really windy (haven't had that yet) and super cold.  Probably in the 30s.

you were hovering off the edge :D

Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

That was cool, huh?

So cool.  It really gives you an idea of the terrain.  I love this.

and good job on the run.  You would destroy me.  😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirtyhip said:

So cool.  It really gives you an idea of the terrain.  I love this.

and good job on the run.  You would destroy me.  😬

That's about as slow as I can run, partly due to not running as much, partly due to meds.  Plus, today elevation.

You should check out the hike we did and vid I posted of that.  I bet your downhill rides would be amazing in Relive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Square Wheels said:

That's about as slow as I can run, partly due to not running as much, partly due to meds.  Plus, today elevation.

You should check out the hike we did and vid I posted of that.  I bet your downhill rides would be amazing in Relive.

I will have to explore this.  Seems way more fun than Strava.  Strava takes us down a road to unhappiness, sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

DARPA has that, so let's hope it trickles down to the rest of us.  Or, actually, let's hope it doesn't.

<shudder>

You sent chills down my spine.  If I was having hot flashes still, I would appreciate that.  I think I found a supplement that helps me with that, so YAY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I will have to explore this.  Seems way more fun than Strava.  Strava takes us down a road to unhappiness, sometimes.

My Strava fed my Relive.  Until those two started arguing. I guess I can feed my Wahoo to it now, but my rides are never as exciting as someone like @dennis who has posted some cool ones in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

My Strava fed my Relive.  Until those two started arguing. I guess I can feed my Wahoo to it now, but my rides are never as exciting as someone like @dennis who has posted some cool ones in the past.

Go to the Relive site, I forget how they get my data now, I think directly from Garmin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - I'm off Garmin, but Relive lets you just manually upload if you want, so that's fine.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYVDPyJyO

https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvrDNKP3x6

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36Are5w3Zq

I like the last one. It had your top speed at 160 mph. #crushingit

This one is cool

https://www.relive.cc/view/vdORAQzBkKv

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dennis said:

I like the last one. It had your top speed at 160 mph. #crushingit

Yeah - the valley caused havoc on my GPS lock.  I mean, I can hike at 160mph if I really wanted to, but this hike was a more relaxed affair, so I can't claim the numbers were too accurate - this time!

image.png.15bbfd5979a995344b4576327d5e6404.png

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

7 miles around town on the fatso, then stopped at a local restaurant for eats & beers :) 

Beers - at least in a relatively short interval - do not make me a very good cyclist. Maybe the fat tires would help with my balance, but somehow I think I would need to restrict my beer intake to just one (or two lower alcohol content beers).  I also lose much/most of my motivation to do much of anything after eating and drinking.  The couch starts to be a great spot to enjoy the evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Beers - at least in a relatively short interval - do not make me a very good cyclist. Maybe the fat tires would help with my balance, but somehow I think I would need to restrict my beer intake to just one (or two lower alcohol content beers).  I also lose much/most of my motivation to do much of anything after eating and drinking.  The couch starts to be a great spot to enjoy the evening.

Said restaurant is 1 mile from me, so it's a convenient place to ride and have some fun w/ locals while enjoying some good food :)  The fat bike does help w/ balance, funny you mentioned that :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, Square Wheels said:

It seems that running at 7k elevation is harder than I planned.

Back in the 80's, I went to Lake Tahoe for fun.  I was used to running at or near seal level.  I was shocked at the effects of 6200 feet of elevation had on my running.  It is supposedly only 20% less oxygen than sea level, but it seemed much more than that to me.  And I was a "runner" back in those days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I rode to and from work. It’s 16 total for the day. Relive couldn’t find my activity for the day, so I made the video with last week’s ride. It’s the same route every time. 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vwq17YA5YBO

Cool. It made me see what my "full" commute looks like.  My normal commute is simply riding to/fro the Metro, but sometimes I bother to ride the whole thing.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vMq5dGNwkQ6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roadsue said:

@Razors Edge how often do you take that ride? And do you ride home again at the end of the day?

Rarely any more :(. We moved buildings and we got a nice bike room but NO SHOWERS!  The old building had no bike room (I brought my bike to my desk), but a really nice gym and showers with towels, shampoo, etc.. The new place has the bike room (I still bring my bike to my desk), but no showers.  I sweat a lot in the summer (long days), but the fall starts to be headlight season, and that's less fun in the city :( riding through busy Georgetown.  Our current building just got bought, so we might be moving again, so we'll see where that ends up.  And, yes, if possible, I would ride in and out on the same day, but I could always leave my bike if I didn't feel like riding or it was pouring rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...