Is it the weekend yet?

petitepedal

Got home about 9pm...long day...cut & color day...various shades of red...with "blonde" :whistle: highlights

Tomorrow is my trainer session...and our weather starts to change and

Friday...well Our very nice building at work has a mortgage..It is part of how we can remain affordable to folks.. a few years ago they refinanced and went with HUD financing ...the mortgage rate is good...but  the hoops we need to jump through are just crazy. We (although mostly maintenance) has been working like crazy to make sure we don't get dinged on some of the basics...here are just a few: Removal of closet doors (some residents have requested we take the door off their closet)..yeah can't do that unless the woodwork is changed so that it doesn't look like a door was ever there...We cannot have an apartment without a sink, a working bathroom, or stove...EVEN IF WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF RE-DOING IT FOR A CLOSING NEXT WEEK...the guys were hustling today to install the "old" sink & plumb it..since the new sink has not yet arrived....Last year 2 residents were in the middle of kitchen and bathroom remodels (being done by outside contractors at the request of the resident) and we got dinged for that....access to pull cords...well some people have cats...so they have chosen to keep their pull cord tied up..NOPE CAN'T DO THAT...and that big ass dresser or wardrobe...in front of the pull cord...nope not good either.  Oh and your hallway light burned out..even though you didn't tell us...we get dinged..

This is an all day event...I am oh so ready for the Friday workday to be done!!

Oh well...weekend is gonna be cold and wet...not sure if we will make the Farmers market or not!

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Got home about 9pm...long day...cut & color day...various shades of red...with "blonde" :whistle: highlights

Tomorrow is my trainer session...and our weather starts to change and

Friday...well Our very nice building at work has a mortgage..It is part of how we can remain affordable to folks.. a few years ago they refinanced and went with HUD financing ...the mortgage rate is good...but  the hoops we need to jump through are just crazy. We (although mostly maintenance) has been working like crazy to make sure we don't get dinged on some of the basics...here are just a few: Removal of closet doors (some residents have requested we take the door off their closet)..yeah can't do that unless the woodwork is changed so that it doesn't look like a door was ever there...We cannot have an apartment without a sink, a working bathroom, or stove...EVEN IF WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF RE-DOING IT FOR A CLOSING NEXT WEEK...the guys were hustling today to install the "old" sink & plumb it..since the new sink has not yet arrived....Last year 2 residents were in the middle of kitchen and bathroom remodels (being done by outside contractors at the request of the resident) and we got dinged for that....access to pull cords...well some people have cats...so they have chosen to keep their pull cord tied up..NOPE CAN'T DO THAT...and that big ass dresser or wardrobe...in front of the pull cord...nope not good either.  Oh and your hallway light burned out..even though you didn't tell us...we get dinged..

This is an all day event...I am oh so ready for the Friday workday to be done!!

Oh well...weekend is gonna be cold and wet...not sure if we will make the Farmers market or not!

You are the one that likes big government so stop complaining.:whistle:

My weekend started three and a half years ago and I still say retirement is underrated.

• Awesome 2

25 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You are the one that likes big government so stop complaining.:whistle:

My weekend started three and a half years ago and I still say retirement is underrated.

Folks do need to choose if they want the low rate with some strings, or the slightly higher rate with fewer strings.  It's like those darn car insurance doodads you can plug into your car to monitor your driving (and get lower rates). If you choose it, then you chose it - warts and all.

I can't wait to be able to offer my own assessment on whether retirement is underrated or overrated.  I am in a hurry to get there (resource wise), but in no hurry to rush the aging part.

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's like those darn car insurance doodads you can plug into your car to monitor your driving (and get lower rates). If you choose it, then you chose it - warts and all.

I got a letter from my home insurance company one time telling me they had been snooping around my house and I had to move my canoe and a stack of concrete blocks from in front of the garage or they are going to cancel my insurance. I called them the next day and told them they don’t have worry about my canoe anymore. They are no longer my insurance company. That was probably twenty years ago. The canoe is still stored there, I did eventually move the blocks but my new insurance company had no problem with them.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I got a letter from my home insurance company one time telling me they had been snooping around my house and I had to move my canoe and a stack of concrete blocks from in front of the garage or they are going to cancel my insurance. I called them the next day and told them they don’t have worry about my canoe anymore. They are no longer my insurance company. That was probably twenty years ago. The canoe is still stored there, I did eventually move the blocks but my new insurance company had no problem with them.

Exactly. If you wanted to keep and actually like the company, you would have moved the canoe & blocks. You weighed the pros/cons, probably found a better deal, and moved on.

I usually give a company one chance to screw up. After that, I change to a competitor. It is amazing how many companies wait until you are canceling to try to keep you. Bizarre but common.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

@petitepedal when will the powers that be at work determine it would be easier to refinance with a non-HUD lender that doesn’t have such stringent and micromanaging requirements?

They have checked into it..but it is a close call dollar wise. What is sad is there are news reports and such of horrible housing conditions..especially low income housing..that is HUD operated. We are in excellent condition and they nitpick on things that are a residents choice...their inspectors would be better off checking into public housing than a resident owned Cooperative.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Dottie said:

My father has macular degeneration in both eyes. He just got a shot in his eyeball. He gets a shot each of the next 4 weeks. Yep. Nothing like aging. Needles in the eyes.

Wait till you get a vacuum cleaner in your eyes.

to take out the old lens pieces that were shattered with a sonic knife.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't they give you Ruffies for that sort of surgery?

They put you under with joy juice for about 10 minutes or just long enough to do all the needle work on your eye to immobilize it and numb it.  Then they allow you to wake up.  You can have a conversation with the doc during the procedure.  They open the eye into the lens cavity, destroy the existing lens, clean out all the bits, carefully insert the new (folded up) lens, unfold it, orient it and allow it's attachment points to get a grip.  The opening into the eye is self sealing.  They eye comes back to life about 15/18 hours later.

What they do with lasers in the modern procedure I don't know.

• Heart 1

One wake up, 8 hours of mind numbing stupidity, and the weekend starts!!!!   ?‍♂️

A good part of the family is gathering at my house on Sunday. Looking forward to it, although it is kind of a flyby as everyone has to be elsewhere Monday.   ?

But it should be fun. I'm planning to serve burgers & beer, though with everyone having to drive there probably won't be much beer   

• Heart 1