I'm feeling it today

BR46

I pulled the motor out of the sidecar for the search for more power in the off season. I put the motor on a lift and roll it over to the portable table that I use to rebuild motorcycles engines on. I went to lift the motor on the table like I've done several times before but this time I missed and hit the edge of the table and lost my balance. Next thing I know I'm heading face first to the floor while bear hugging a 170 pound motor. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, smudge said:

Holy shit! Is the motor ok?????

(Seriously, you ok man?)

The motor is fine. I hit the floor as gently as someone holding a 170 pound motor can hit the floor. 

I'm not in pain just uncontrollable. Wo46 askedme if I wanted to go for a run or yoga with her in the morning and I said no..I'll pass. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

I pulled the motor out of the sidecar for the search for more power in the off season. I put the motor on a lift and roll it over to the portable table that I use to rebuild motorcycles engines on. I went to lift the motor on the table like I've done several times before but this time I missed and hit the edge of the table and lost my balance. Next thing I know I'm heading face first to the floor while bear hugging a 170 pound motor. 

Were you on top of the motor? Or under? aka Missionary

heal up. Let WoBR46 go on her own dam run at o dark thirty

7 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Were you on top of the motor? Or under? aka Missionary

heal up. Let WoBR46 go on her own dam run at o dark thirty

I landed on top. 

I feel good today I'm just not ready to run or do any bendy workout exercise. 

13 hours ago, BR46 said:

The motor is fine. I hit the floor as gently as someone holding a 170 pound motor can hit the floor. 

I'm not in pain just uncontrollable. Wo46 askedme if I wanted to go for a run or yoga with her in the morning and I said namaste right here. 

fify  (fixed it for yoga)

• Heart 1

I hope nothing's seriously strained in your body.  When I locked myself out of the house last Friday, the contortions I had to go through to get back into the house resulted in a sore right Achilles tendon. That was ominous to me so I rested for a few days and it feels fine now.

I damaged both Achilles tendons winning a medal in the 1987 Maryland Marathon and they were never the same until 2011.  The left one required surgery, the right one only PT.  Afterward, as a high school cross country coach who also ran with my teenagers, if I ran - or walked - more than 3 miles I knew those tendons would be sore the next day. I also wasn't letting them heal between standing all day while teaching and coaching varsity sports. Then, after retiring, I took up bicycling in 2011 for the first time since being a young teenager.  The gentle strengthening worked perfectly and now I don't get sore Achilles tendons anymore.  Later, I learned that Ravens super-LB Ray Lewis used bicycling late in his career to regain strength and flexibility that running, weightlifting, etc. were too much for his often-damaged body to handle.

So that's why the soreness was ominous to me and why I rested.

11 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Ouch, damn.  Gnarly.

We can hurt ourselves doing these silly daily tasks.  You grab something wrong, or step wrong.  Eek.

I have this fear that I will die falling while getting out of my bathtub.  So far, so good.

Maybe you should get a life alert necklace? (Help, I’ve fallen and can’t get up)

• Heart 3