I would like to meet some of you -- road trip!

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

38 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Is that it, or is the issue getting back into the US? We don't ban anybody.

Yes you do.  I've heard numerous accounts of people banned entry for DWIs having nothing to do with Canada, and occurring 10 or more years ago.

They almost denied entry to me twice, once for having dog spray on my cross country bike trip, and the other time on business they couldn't fathom that the training I was doing couldn't be done by a Canadian. But my charm and persuasiveness won the day.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Well, I guess I won't invite you to stay in my shed loft. Bummer. We have many chipmunks and squirrels for Yiva to chase.

Still trying to pretend that UP is Michigan.  I think we should all invade Smudge's turf next summer.  Summer in UP is July 2-14, so it narrows our choice a lot.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Yes you do.  I've heard numerous accounts of people banned entry for DWIs having nothing to do with Canada, and occurring 10 or more years ago.

They almost denied entry to me twice, once for having dog spray on my cross country bike trip, and the other time on business they couldn't fathom that the training I was doing couldn't be done by a Canadian. But my charm and persuasiveness won the day.

Yes, if you have a criminal record without a pardon, you are denied entry.  DUI is a criminal record.  This goes both ways though.  I have had many passengers denied entry to the US for the same reasons.  Even 50 year olds who had a possession charge in their teens.  

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

The last two times I left the country I was taken back to the other room when going through customs. Homeland security grilled me. I got a DUI in 1991. They told me that was the reason. 

Greenville!  If you drive you can come down the east coast and see RG and me along the way.

Minnesota has beautiful state parks along the lakeshore.  You can start in Minneapolis and have a great tour guide with Petite!

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

It shouldn't come as a shock to folks to understand why there are few environmentalists in Texas. Not much of an environment to protect?? ?

We have an envrionment, but it is covered in a mixture of bull shit, horse crap, oil, chemicals, beer cans and bottles, snuff can lids and spent ammo casings

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Clearly, the tongue in cheek intent of my comment did not come across. ?

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Yep.  I got a DWI years ago and admitted it at the border crossing.  It was 4 years and 8 months.  They said anything less than 5 years and the Prime Minister of Canada considers me a threat to society.  I never bothered again.  I don't need them.  Besides, we got @FaQ to keep me in touch with those radicals -- so I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds.

4 minutes ago, FaQ said:

Limited time engagement.  :) 

Yeah, well, you've giving me some good tips on eating out at various restaurants.  And lots of slams on the PM of Canada.  We appreciate you.  But all good things come to an end.  I would be surprised if I were here in 2 years as I would for you.  In the meantime, I expect 3 more months of good heckling from you.

If Hoss comes out to the PNW to see you and I @Scrapr, then it seems like he should drive another 4.5 hours or whatever it is (6?) and go see DH.  And if he is going to go to KF, Oregon then it does seem prudent he continues another 8 hours and visit @Page Turner in Sacramento.  And if he is going to visit Page, then he might as well drive another 8 hours and visit @ChrisL in greater L.A.

We've got your whole west coast trip planned for you Couch.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Dottie said:

We've got your whole west coast trip planned for you Couch.

On your way to the west coast take a drive up thought Wisconsin to visit the Smudgies she Shed make a stop in Sheboygan and we will go for coffee. 

After a night in the Smudgies She Shed BnB take hwy 8 across the north woods of Wisconsin to Petite's place to sit  on the porch and count train cars. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1