I am sick and tired of Page not being here

Randomguy

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

At least Wilbur aka @FaQ gave us fair warning he was kicking us to the curb to go sail the world.  I wonder if @Page Turner is Wilbur's new cabin boy?

He posted Sunday. Jeebus. Give the guy a few days to finish tracking down that obscure but very important and way better than anything made in the 21st century bike part.

image.png.93048e6fd8caea650b471e1f6689cb0b.png

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Don't be miffed because your plastic fantastic isn't appreciated by everybody.

Can you imagine that nightmare? I will say, there was an old steel Trek in my commuter bike room, and it was PRETTY.  No model designation, though.  Might have to look it up somehow.  Talk about SKINNY tires - must have been 19s???  I don't know how folks rode those.

11 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I've always found him to be a good poster (although you may not agree with him) but lately I think the state of the internet forums has taken it's toll.  Some do not suffer trolls well.

I really like his bicycle threads.  The man has been around bikes for a long time.

I have had the privilege of meeting him in person twice. He's a good guy. Real good guy.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to have to say this....but I haven't missed you at all...not even a little bit. I just knew you'd be back and probably with some photos of some old and dilapidated bike.....and here you are.

The Raleigh looks to be '60's going by the forks at least and the rear triangle is definitely not a thing of beauty. I would be prepared to bet that the Cinelli will turn out to be the prettier bike.......I still think it disgraceful that you....an ill-equipped rustic... have access to these vintage machines.:(

10 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...here I am.  I have been riding and painting a few frames in the last of the milder Fall weather. The Cinelli turned out really nice, and I bought a 70's tres tubi Columbus Stella from the Mountain Bike Museum guys down in Fairfax a couple of weeks ago. The paint was pretty OK on that one, so I clear coated it with some 2 part epoxy after some minor touch up's. The best part of that one so far was the chicken and waffle lunch I ate at the Hummingbird when I picked it up.  I also managed to get accused of racism by a Chinese American guy over a parking spot on Clement St on that same trip. So the bike already has some fond memories for me, and I have yet to ride it.

The only recent one I have photos of reassembled is this Raleigh Lenton.  It was a lot of work.

DSCF4408.JPG

DSCF4409.JPG

DSCF4410.JPG

DSCF4419.JPG

Yay!

10 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...here I am.  I have been riding and painting a few frames in the last of the milder Fall weather. The Cinelli turned out really nice, and I bought a 70's tres tubi Columbus Stella from the Mountain Bike Museum guys down in Fairfax a couple of weeks ago. The paint was pretty OK on that one, so I clear coated it with some 2 part epoxy after some minor touch up's. The best part of that one so far was the chicken and waffle lunch I ate at the Hummingbird when I picked it up.  I also managed to get accused of racism by a Chinese American guy over a parking spot on Clement St on that same trip. So the bike already has some fond memories for me, and I have yet to ride it.

The only recent one I have photos of reassembled is this Raleigh Lenton.  It was a lot of work.

DSCF4408.JPG

DSCF4409.JPG

DSCF4410.JPG

DSCF4419.JPG

Me love you long time, Joe.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I had a Beanz sighting on a cycling FB page a day or so ago.  I’m reading a post about a ride on the SART with the wife and sure enough... Beanz

I wasn’t going to bring it up but since you did.

I saw him on another forum about a month ago.  Damned if I can find it now.. 

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I had a Beanz sighting on a cycling FB page a day or so ago.  I’m reading a post about a ride on the SART with the wife and sure enough... Beanz

I wasn’t going to bring it up but since you did.

14 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I actually saw him & Gina pass me going opposite directions on SART Sunday.  The first time I ever actually saw the guy.

He either didn’t recognize me or just chose not to kick my ass...

• Heart 3

Just now, ChrisL said:

I actually saw him & Gina pass me going opposite directions on SART Sunday.  The first time I ever actually saw the guy.

He either didn’t recognize me or just chose not to kick my ass...

Are you done shaking and crying yet?  I know you were scared.

1 hour ago, wilbur said:

Because you wanted to know....

"Yesterday a solo ride through the mountains (GMR Glendora Mountain Rd). 30 miles with 3,500 ft of gain. Today a WINDY 31 miler with my wife Gina on Santa Ana River Trail, SART to the locals). Supposed to be an easy recovery ride for me but the wind was so tough I was pushing hard to do 12.8 at times ha ha! It was push hard or fall over! 1f61b.png"

image.thumb.png.3b13c3db4a4e3e95a032d49dbe0501fa.png

image.png.b5e028f3a0076c456af1de167caffce7.png

• Heart 2