Dreams are ($$$&:: amazing!

Ralphie

I get the wildest dreams when I go back to bed around 6 am instead of getting up. It is like all these weird fragments get put in a blender and get mixed up. I was just at a place in from a pouring rain and there was this big friendly sweaty fat guy with a pug but it has fur like a poodle. The dog was old and feeble at first but took a liking to me and got more and more playful and wild. Then I woke up. The end. I asked him if the dog was 15 and he said no, they don't usually make it that far. 

I've read a lot aboot sleep and dreaming, and they think our Brians are just sort of experimenting, throwing all this random shit up against a wall to see what sticks, sort of. :D

• Heart 2

I mentioned in the beadroom temperature that if it's too warm for the covers I have on I overheat and the dreams get a bit frantic.

When I was working though I used to attempt to direct my dreams by thinking about a particular problem before going to bed and letting a dream provide possible solutions.  Sometimes that got weird but at other times a practical solution would arrive.

Sometimes that involved getting up, firing up the computer and getting everything written down before it disappeared.

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I mentioned in the beadroom temperature that if it's too warm for the covers I have on I overheat and the dreams get a bit frantic.

When I was working though I used to attempt to direct my dreams by thinking about a particular problem before going to bed and letting a dream provide possible solutions.  Sometimes that got weird but at other times a practical solution would arrive.

Sometimes that involved getting up, firing up the computer and getting everything written down before it disappeared.

I have had very few if any viola moments from dreaming. :( That would be like a dream if I did!  :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Obligatory "I woke up exhausted".

I am waffling about whether to replace my car’s muffler myself. My guy said the car needed a whole new exhaust system but it sure looks like just the muffler to me.  I am trying to find out what amazon’s return policy in it is. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, maddmaxx said:

Keith Richards wrote “Satisfaction” in his sleep. He woke up, recorded it on a tape recorder next to his bed, then fell back to sleep. The rest of the tape is him snoring. He had no memory of it until he replayed it the next morning.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Keith Richards wrote “Satisfaction” in his sleep. He woke up, recorded it on a tape recorder next to his bed, then fell back to sleep. The rest of the tape is him snoring. He had no memory of it until he replayed it the next morning.

Been there, done that.  It's funny to face a team of programmers at work after handing them a printed copy of new program flow and then stating that you have no idea how or why it works but it does.

However later in life I learned in the laser business that "it's magic" is an acceptable explanation at some engineering meetings.  :dontknow:

• Heart 2

On 10/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am waffling about whether to replace my car’s muffler myself. My guy said the car needed a whole new exhaust system but it sure looks like just the muffler to me.  I am trying to find out what amazon’s return policy in it is. 

I think a MIG welder and a car lift are required for exhaust work

Every time I have pieced in a part, the rest failed shortly after.

I'd rather work a Saturday and pay somebody to fight with the exhaust system

• Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Further said:

I think a MIG welder and a car lift are required for exhaust work

Every time I have pieced in a part, the rest failed shortly after.

I'd rather work a Saturday and pay somebody to fight with the exhaust system

But this Shirley looks easy!  There is a flange right there with bolts that don't look rusted.  Famous last words I spose. :D

I guess I could get an estimate and have it done if it us less than aboot $250 vs $55 for the part.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

But this Shirley looks easy!  There is a flange right there with bolts that don't look rusted.  Famous last words I spose. :D

I guess I could get an estimate and have it done if it us less than aboot $250 vs $55 for the part.

It always looks easy.....sometimes it is     If the flanges are solid it shouldn't be bad, go for it    :nodhead:

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a dream where four of my friends asked me if I wanted to ride my bike down to Pittsburgh to watch a bike race. (Ok that’s weird enough but it gets worse.) I asked them what time the race was and they said 4:00 PM. I’m thinking heck it’s already getting dark by 4 we are going to be pedaling back in the cold and dark. I don’t even think these guys have headlights. I offered to drive the Pilot down to the race and haul everyone back home so they wouldn’t have to ride in the dark. Now the really weird part. They said they were taking their giraffes with them because they need some exercise. How the heck am I going to haul four bikes and four giraffes? I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out a way to haul them.

They are too big to fit in my trailer and my trailer doesn’t have sides on it. It they did fit they would fall out or jump out. I thought about borrowing a truck from where I used to work but they don’t have any trailers with an open top, giraffes are really tall and need to let their heads stick out. I woke up before I figured out a solution to the problem.

I think my wife watches too many animal shows.

• Haha 1