Saltines - King of crackers

Randomguy

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I did that once They were whole wheat and tasted like brown rocks with sesame seeds. 

I laughed with sound on this comment. Haha

good golly gosh, some of the garbage I have made trying to be perfect and make everything from scratch. My hard cheddar was awful. It should have been deemed criminal. Soft cheese, sure. Hard cheese, now that takes talent and lots of infrastructure to make it right.

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I laughed with sound on this comment. Haha

good golly gosh, some of the garbage I have made trying to be perfect and make everything from scratch. My hard cheddar was awful. It should have been deemed criminal. Soft cheese, sure. Hard cheese, now that takes talent and lots of infrastructure to make it right.

My first batch of beer did not go well either. :(

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

This was THE cracker growing up.  Sure, Ritz were better when just eating by itself, but saltines did everything.  You could spread butter or peanut butter or jelly on them or use them in soup, everything.

What has happened to crackers?

They got better.  But I still like saltines with chili.

• Heart 1

Saltines rock!   I remember many road trips with my parents that included saltines and peanut butter (and when I was older, whisky sours).  My grandmother put butter on saltines whenever she ate them with soup.   And for some reason the 4 sleeve saltines were almost the same price as the 2 sleeve pack.  Only suckers bought the 2 sleeve pack.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...