I've visited the dark side

shotgun

19 minutes ago, shotgun said:

Last Sunday I rode a mountain bike trail. My first time ever. It was fun, and a workout, but I still like the road bike better. Yesterday, I tried something else I've never done before - spin class.

Aren’t you a bit long in the tooth? You shouldn’t be messing around like like

Just curious, why is road biking better? More chill? Less danger? Cleaner? 

Sometimes, I like to take my CruX out to just spin. There is less of “oh, shoot. Watch out for that rock!, oh no ... tree branch!”

We don’t have many green trails. It is a common complaint from new riders. They say there is little for them in our parks. I sorta agree. I mean, I love the terrain for schralp,  but it is tough. Lava rock abounds here.  

We are building more and more trail here and a couple of deep pocketed local personally donated a bunch to get more greeny trail. They built a nice loop of green. Out dirt builders added options but stayed really easy. The problem with building green is that it needs to be flat or semi flat. Yeah. Good luck finding much of that.

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Just curious, why is road biking better? More chill? Less danger? Cleaner? 

Sometimes, I like to take my CruX out to just spin. There is less of “oh, shoot. Watch out for that rock!, oh no ... tree branch!”

We don’t have many green trails. It is a common complaint from new riders. They say there is little for them in our parks. I sorta agree. I mean, I love the terrain for schralp,  but it is tough. Lava rock abounds here.  

We are building more and more trail here and a couple of deep pocketed local personally donated a bunch to get more greeny trail. They built a nice loop of green. Out dirt builders added options but stayed really easy. The problem with building green is that it needs to be flat or semi flat. Yeah. Good luck finding much of that.

We have no green trails unless you cross the pass. It's kind of a pain if you want to teach someone to ride.

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Agreed.  Like that here too.  I try to take out beginners, and they think I am being mean.  Um, sorry.  Your ramp up is steep here. 

I've taken some kids over the pass where the trails are more buff and flowy, trying to give them some confidence. 

Here it's game on, we're going to climb for 45-60 minutes. And watch out for moose.

• Envious 1

10 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Just curious, why is road biking better?

I don't think it's better, it's a different option.  The ticks are crazy where I live, I will not go in the woods.

Safer?  I would not be able to think fast enough to ride downhill, so that's out.

People around my neighborhood are fairly kind to cyclists, but the distracted driving is intolerable.

For now, I have have given up on cycling altogether.

25 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't think it's better, it's a different option.  The ticks are crazy where I live, I will not go in the woods.

Safer?  I would not be able to think fast enough to ride downhill, so that's out.

People around my neighborhood are fairly kind to cyclists, but the distracted driving is intolerable.

For now, I have have given up on cycling altogether.

long pants will keep the ticks off.  

I almost went dark side today. More like Gray side. A friend wanted to go on a trail instead of over at the park that is a paved path. The trail is graveled over a sewer line. She has a hybrid but i only have a road bike. So off we go. It was a beautiful day after a cold week last week. One of my favorite trails but I've only walked it. It was knarly

I feel like I have to smoke a bowl right now

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1