Snow fall / response matrix

2Far

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Need to add a column just for the special kind of stupid that is Texas with even a threat of snow.

My uncle lived in San Antonio. He told me of a day they had an ice storm. He grew up in Wyoming. He was rusty, but eventually got the feel again. He was frightened/amused at how inept and lacking common sense most drivers were. 

23 hours ago, Airehead said:

Mostly true. 

I can't say this resembles reality here in the Cafe.  I've yet to hear a peep out of the Easterners or Southerners about snow this year, but damned if the Midwest folks aren't already whining up a storm.  Man, were barely into fall and us Southerners, Easterners, and Westerners are all enjoying the season.  The Midwest folks??? Already in a frenzy.  Keep in mind, @ChrisL probably dug through his closet for a long sleeve t-shirt by now???

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I had to wear a cap and gloves on Friday night at Glamp, but only when I was outdoors.   It was in the upper 30s.  No snow and no panic.

Funny - so did my wife (fleece cap and gloves).  I wore gloves while reading my Kindle before falling asleep.  I had to have my hands outside the sleeping back, so they started to go numb.  Luckily, the gloves have some "smart" textile in the fingertips that allowed me to operate the Kindle.

I had to take the gloves off in the middle of the night.  I also had the benefit of my pup cuddled up at my side sharing some warmth.  I felt for sure she wouldn't choose to be completely covered all night, but she never even poked her nose out to cool down. It is amazing how much heat a 20lbs dog can produce.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I can't say this resembles reality here in the Cafe.  I've yet to hear a peep out of the Easterners or Southerners about snow this year, but damned if the Midwest folks aren't already whining up a storm.  Man, were barely into fall and us Southerners, Easterners, and Westerners are all enjoying the season.  The Midwest folks??? Already in a frenzy.  Keep in mind, @ChrisL probably dug through his closet for a long sleeve t-shirt by now???

That's because once the snow starts, we won't see green grass again until the end of May!!!!

• Heart 1