Do you use the same travel mug for your morning coffee each day

jsharr

I have used the same one for years.  I usually just rinse it out after I am done each day.  When I remember, I will wash it in the dish washer, but not often.

It was looking pretty nasty so I poured some bleach in it and filled it to the top with warm water and let it sit over night.

Scrubbed it and rinsed it this morning and it is shiny and new inside now.  

I think my coffee tastes better, but then again I am a Cowboys fan, so what do I know?

• Haha 1

I too use the same mug each day.  I rinse it out daily with hot water but....

Thursday I left it at the office with just a but of coffee in the bottom and I wasn't in on Friday.  This morning it got a good cleaning.  I try to remember to take it in the house for he dishwasher on the weekend but sometimes forget.  

#Yeti

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I too use the same mug each day.  I rinse it out daily with hot water but....

Thursday I left it at the office with just a but of coffee in the bottom and I wasn't in on Friday.  This morning it got a good cleaning.  I try to remember to take it in the house for he dishwasher on the weekend but sometimes forget.  

#Yeti

try the overnight bleach soak.  You will be amazed.  Mine was brown inside and a scrubber would not touch it.  #winning

I was having trouble keeping mine clean. My boss put a new brush in the break room. After a few times using the brush, it started looking a lot better. It now looks near new! 
WoW wondered why mine looked so much better than hers. She finally found a similar brush and hers is getting better, too. 

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, we have a full cabinet full of travel coffee mugs, and growlers. I use clean containers for whatever I am traveling with, coffee or beer.

I am not rich.  I can only afford one good travel mug.  This one is dented and banged up but keeps coffee warm for hours and does not leak at all.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I am not rich.  I can only afford one good travel mug.  This one is dented and banged up but keeps coffee warm for hours and does not leak at all.

A season or two after the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you’ll be able to pick up commutative travel mugs at a deep discount. So... you’re a patient man, yes?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I use a coffee maker at work instead of bringing it from home in a travel mug.

I have two coffee mugs: one says I ♥️NY, and the other has my teachers' union logo. I wash them in the sink after each use.

I was thinking about getting one of these.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/maxhater/works/30510113-no-reasons-to-be-a-dallas-cowboys-fan-cowboys-suck-funny-gag-gift?p=mug&style=standard&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=g.pla+notset&country_code=US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuZDtBRDvARIsAPXFx3C4OsW2aRiA-BUV1M_t4o6skouvgV3E7MtVXrFlnp7aYWJvu11Rj0gaAno5EALw_wcB

• Awesome 1

I have 2 Yeti travel mugs and both are freaking awesome.  The first one is several years old and has a former company logo on it. It has coffee stains I can’t get out but I really haven’t tried too hard.  I have another I got as a Christmas gift which is stainless but black and the same size as the first. That’s my primary mug now.

But having said that, my commute is so short and we have free Starbucks at work I just put 1/3 cup of coffee for the drive but often times don’t drink it all.

15 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I use a coffee maker at work instead of bringing it from home in a travel mug.

I have two coffee mugs: one says I ♥️NY, and the other has my teachers' union logo. I wash them in the sink after each use.

My mug at home says, "Dogs have owners, cats have staff." My mug at work is a knock-of of the old time Starbucks "Stubby" travel mug.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

I have 2 Yeti travel mugs and both are freaking awesome.  The first one is several years old and has a former company logo on it. It has coffee stains I can’t get out but I really haven’t tried too hard.  I have another I got as a Christmas gift which is stainless but black and the same size as the first. That’s my primary mug now.

But having said that, my commute is so short and we have free Starbucks at work I just put 1/3 cup of coffee for the drive but often times don’t drink it all.

I have a 20 oz Yeti in the truck for travel days. I started with a 32 ox, but that just too much freakin' coffee.

Bleach is not recommended for stainless steel. It corrodes the welds. Throw a denture cleaning table in there and you will be amazed at how awesome it cleans. I make a citric acid and washing soda natural version of the denture tab. It works well, too. 

• Heart 2

I don't use a travel cup because my commute is less then ten minutes. We have dozens of cups, but I've been using the same chipped, coffee stained ceramic cup for over fifteen years. Mrs finally bought me a new one when she went to Disney World. And I have to use it because I'm the only one that can. It has Grampa written on the handle.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, jsharr said:

I have used the same one for years.  I usually just rinse it out after I am done each day.  When I remember, I will wash it in the dish washer, but not often.

It was looking pretty nasty so I poured some bleach in it and filled it to the top with warm water and let it sit over night.

Scrubbed it and rinsed it this morning and it is shiny and new inside now.  

I think my coffee tastes better, but then again I am a Cowboys fan, so what do I know?

I use a Zojirushi thermos to tote my coffee into work each morning. I have a normal coffee cup at work.

The thermos is most effectively cleaned with a bottle brush, but over time, it builds up coffee stains. I don't care.  In a couple more years, this one will wear out, and I will replace it, so that one will be super clean for a brief time. Until then, meh.