Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsharr

Do you use the same travel mug for your morning coffee each day

Recommended Posts

I have used the same one for years.  I usually just rinse it out after I am done each day.  When I remember, I will wash it in the dish washer, but not often.

It was looking pretty nasty so I poured some bleach in it and filled it to the top with warm water and let it sit over night.

Scrubbed it and rinsed it this morning and it is shiny and new inside now.  

I think my coffee tastes better, but then again I am a Cowboys fan, so what do I know?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too use the same mug each day.  I rinse it out daily with hot water but....

Thursday I left it at the office with just a but of coffee in the bottom and I wasn't in on Friday.  This morning it got a good cleaning.  I try to remember to take it in the house for he dishwasher on the weekend but sometimes forget.  

#Yeti

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I too use the same mug each day.  I rinse it out daily with hot water but....

Thursday I left it at the office with just a but of coffee in the bottom and I wasn't in on Friday.  This morning it got a good cleaning.  I try to remember to take it in the house for he dishwasher on the weekend but sometimes forget.  

#Yeti

 

try the overnight bleach soak.  You will be amazed.  Mine was brown inside and a scrubber would not touch it.  #winning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I buy disposable crap.... unless it's the weekends.  Then I don't buy nor do I dispose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15710730957794009896233319863636.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My eyes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dottie said:

My eyes!!

are up here?

Image result for jason garrett covering eyes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, got a few so grab a clean one each morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

are up here?

Image result for jason garrett covering eyes

No no no. It's the red pen, the sticky notes, the stapler and those fuckin' boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having trouble keeping mine clean. My boss put a new brush in the break room. After a few times using the brush, it started looking a lot better. It now looks near new! 
WoW wondered why mine looked so much better than hers. She finally found a similar brush and hers is getting better, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: can't you just use boot cleaner juice to clean out your coffee mug?? I mean, in a pinch of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boots are not dirty sir!  Mr. Charles sees to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, we have a full cabinet full of travel coffee mugs, and growlers. I use clean containers for whatever I am traveling with, coffee or beer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, we have a full cabinet full of travel coffee mugs, and growlers. I use clean containers for whatever I am traveling with, coffee or beer.

I am not rich.  I can only afford one good travel mug.  This one is dented and banged up but keeps coffee warm for hours and does not leak at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My boots are not dirty sir!  Mr. Charles sees to that.

You mean airwick??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I am not rich.  I can only afford one good travel mug.  This one is dented and banged up but keeps coffee warm for hours and does not leak at all.

A season or two after the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you’ll be able to pick up commutative travel mugs at a deep discount. So... you’re a patient man, yes?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

You mean airwick??

You sir are a crude buffoon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's only 15-20 minutes to the office. I have 1 cup when I get up & a second at the office. We have a Keurig machine & I supply my own K-cups, cuz I really can't stand the coffee the company buys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a coffee maker at work instead of bringing it from home in a travel mug.

I have two coffee mugs: one says I ♥️NY, and the other has my teachers' union logo. I wash them in the sink after each use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You sir are a crude buffoon.  

That's probably true. Not sure which word there deserves more emphasis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I use a coffee maker at work instead of bringing it from home in a travel mug.

I have two coffee mugs: one says I ♥️NY, and the other has my teachers' union logo. I wash them in the sink after each use.

I was thinking about getting one of these.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/maxhater/works/30510113-no-reasons-to-be-a-dallas-cowboys-fan-cowboys-suck-funny-gag-gift?p=mug&style=standard&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=g.pla+notset&country_code=US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuZDtBRDvARIsAPXFx3C4OsW2aRiA-BUV1M_t4o6skouvgV3E7MtVXrFlnp7aYWJvu11Rj0gaAno5EALw_wcB

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 Yeti travel mugs and both are freaking awesome.  The first one is several years old and has a former company logo on it. It has coffee stains I can’t get out but I really haven’t tried too hard.  I have another I got as a Christmas gift which is stainless but black and the same size as the first. That’s my primary mug now.

But having said that, my commute is so short and we have free Starbucks at work I just put 1/3 cup of coffee for the drive but often times don’t drink it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I use a coffee maker at work instead of bringing it from home in a travel mug.

I have two coffee mugs: one says I ♥️NY, and the other has my teachers' union logo. I wash them in the sink after each use.

My mug at home says, "Dogs have owners, cats have staff." My mug at work is a knock-of of the old time Starbucks "Stubby" travel mug.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChrisL said:

I have 2 Yeti travel mugs and both are freaking awesome.  The first one is several years old and has a former company logo on it. It has coffee stains I can’t get out but I really haven’t tried too hard.  I have another I got as a Christmas gift which is stainless but black and the same size as the first. That’s my primary mug now.

But having said that, my commute is so short and we have free Starbucks at work I just put 1/3 cup of coffee for the drive but often times don’t drink it all.

I have a 20 oz Yeti in the truck for travel days. I started with a 32 ox, but that just too much freakin' coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My work mug is like this. I dropped it & broke the handle, so one of our nuclear code guys welded on a SS handle.

image.png.b82f0bb6e40fe4260c4e5c9e414089d2.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep one in my briefcase.  They prevent stained shirts in turbulence.  Especially up front. The flight attendant fills and cleans it.  Life is good.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FaQ said:

I keep one in my briefcase.  They prevent stained shirts in turbulence.  Especially up front. The flight attendant fills and cleans it.  Life is good.  :) 

Is that in the union contract??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the same mug each day, but it usually has either tea or water in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dottie said:

Is that in the union contract??

No, but they like being employed.  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleach is not recommended for stainless steel. It corrodes the welds. Throw a denture cleaning table in there and you will be amazed at how awesome it cleans. I make a citric acid and washing soda natural version of the denture tab. It works well, too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using the same stainless mug for at least 15 years. I don't know why they call it stainless, it is pretty stained.

I have one mugful at home watching the morning news, and one on the way into work. That's it for my coffee consumption.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use a travel cup because my commute is less then ten minutes. We have dozens of cups, but I've been using the same chipped, coffee stained ceramic cup for over fifteen years. Mrs finally bought me a new one when she went to Disney World. And I have to use it because I'm the only one that can. It has Grampa written on the handle.  :nodhead:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the same mug or one just like it all the time. I drink black decaf, or tea with no additives, or water. It goes in the dishwasher every time it runs and if I want a drink while it’s running I get out another one just like it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the same travel mug at work when I make my coffee. I do rinse it daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jsharr said:

I have used the same one for years.  I usually just rinse it out after I am done each day.  When I remember, I will wash it in the dish washer, but not often.

It was looking pretty nasty so I poured some bleach in it and filled it to the top with warm water and let it sit over night.

Scrubbed it and rinsed it this morning and it is shiny and new inside now.  

I think my coffee tastes better, but then again I am a Cowboys fan, so what do I know?

I use a Zojirushi thermos to tote my coffee into work each morning. I have a normal coffee cup at work.

The thermos is most effectively cleaned with a bottle brush, but over time, it builds up coffee stains. I don't care.  In a couple more years, this one will wear out, and I will replace it, so that one will be super clean for a brief time. Until then, meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...