Thxgiving gratitude in mountains

shootingstar

Will have spent Canadian thxgiving in Jasper National Park...in town of 5,900 this weekend.  

It has been like a vacation of gratitude for the mountain beauty in this area, its canyons with turquoise glacial river and lake waters, elk that we saw twice, stellar jay birds and Canada jay bird ( a cute light Garry bird, and Canada’s national bird.  It stays around in Canada even in far north when it’s super cold).  There are a few snowflakes falling now from clouds with sun breaking through.

I’ve had to have 4 pairs of shoes for this trip and I used all of them or 4 days —wore short hiking-snow boots, mountain biking shoes (which I always wear cycling at home anywhere), leather walking shoes and slippers.  We did go cycling on short trips over 2 days to a rock lookout over Athabasca River and then to Maligne Canyon which both areas one gets off bike to go hiking on rock and connecting canyon bridges.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On  rocky outlook point, overlooking Athabasca River and Rocky Mountains in distance.  This area is approx. 50 km. away from the northern British Columbian border.  And yea, this is the area where we rented bikes.  At this time, the elk are still runting/mating.  So enough warning signs posted, plus bear warning signs.

1222278236_athabascariver.thumb.JPG.0127f33cf0ec5eaa1545ef3f89fa890d.JPG

• Awesome 1