Morality is just a flimsy excuse to be offended.

Wilbur

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

People who want to be offended don't need much excuse, that is for sure.

I don't know.  There are a lot of conspiracy theorists out there these days, and they seem to build very elaborate (although implausible) conspiracies to justify their wacky beliefs.  It sort of makes me question whether the lack of factual data creates a spiral of deeper digging (of their hole) to create the "excuses" needed or if the heightened irritation is already there at the priming stage, and the convoluted conspiracy theories just fill in the void where normal folks would usually have reality?

Morality is one of the rocks you build your "self" on.  Without some version of it you are not complete.  I've met some folks along the path who had pretty low levels of morality.  They were pretty grim.

I must have grown up as one of those who have a reasonably defined sense of morality because there are things that happen in this world that do indeed offend me.

I'm offended that I am not smart enough to argue this one without thought.

Morality means many things to many people, so really a case by case basis.  Now being offended though, doesn't give people the right to try and push their beliefs on others, just move the fuck on.

<Tried my best anyways>

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

It is pretty simple.  Treat people the way you would like to be treated.  Do the right thing.  Hold your tongue and try not to speak in anger.  Learn to listen.  A little bit of kindness goes a long way.

The Golden Rule is pretty simple. Likewise, a "pause" between when a thought enters your mind and the actions you decide to take. Add in a bit of WWJD and things become a bit more sane.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

The Golden Rule is pretty simple. Likewise, a "pause" between when a thought enters your mind and the actions you decide to take. Add in a bit of WWJD and things become a bit more sane.

wwjd?  Never do what jsharr would do and you will be fine.   You really are a moran to post something like that.  sheesh.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

wwjd?  Never do what jsharr would do and you will be fine.   You really are a moran to post something like that.  sheesh.

I rolled with uppercase, you with lowercase!  In the lowercase sense, what wouldn't jsharr do is still a good path to explore!

• Heart 1