I got my flew shot

Longjohn

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I doubt I’ll get another flu shot. This is the second time I’ve had this reaction and it sucks.

Sucks more or worse than having the actual flu?

I don't know that I have ever really had the full-blown flu, but folks who have seem to say they don't want to have it again.

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't know that I have ever really had the full-blown flu, but folks who have seem to say they don't want to have it again.

I got the flu once as an adult, high fever for a couple of days, it sucked. I get some localized muscle soreness after my annual flu shot, well worth it IMO.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I doubt I’ll get another flu shot. This is the second time I’ve had this reaction and it sucks.

Sorry, I have been there!

24 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The flu is just a virus, some are worse than others but they all suck.  The flu doesn’t announce itself any differently than the standard gunk.  

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Randomguy said:

The flu is just a virus, some are worse than others but they all suck.  The flu doesn’t announce itself any differently than the standard gunk.  

This is partially true.

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9.3 million – 49.0 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 960,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 79,000 deaths annually since 2010.

59 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This is partially true.

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9.3 million – 49.0 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 960,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 79,000 deaths annually since 2010.

The majority of the deaths are due to the flu-weakened body catching pneumonia and dying from pneumonia.  One study claims that if all the millions of people who caught the Spanish Flu and died during the 1918-19 pandemic had had the pneumonia vaccination, most of them would have lived.

So I don't know why there's not as big a campaign for people to get the pneumonia shot where one or two in your lifetime is all you need to protect you from 100% of the bacteria known to cause pneumonia deaths.  I got my two shots, 5 years apart.

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

So I don't know why there's not as big a campaign for people to get the pneumonia shot where one or two in your lifetime is all you need to protect you from 100% of the bacteria known to cause pneumonia deaths.  I got my two shots, 5 years apart.

When I got my first pneumonia shot I got it at the same time I got a flu shot. It was the first time I ever had a bad reaction to a shot. A year later I got pneumonia in the middle of the summer. Who gets sick in the summer? I think the leukemia is messing with me.

• Sad 1