Camping

Tizeye

4 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

This was kind of a test. Probably a couple more in tent then look at RV. Particurally if my correct book writing project is successful as have follow up which is local but other ideas require travel.

Where is that campground and what fort is that? St Augustine?

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That tent looks like brand new. All my tents look well used and none of them are decades old. You need to get out more.

As a pack rat, I still have the canvas Coleman bought is 1970’s up in attic. Water bleeds through even on first trip as we discovered. Canvas has probably rotted by now and afraid to assemble.

• Awesome 1

Yes. St Augustine. Anastasia State Park. Very local to St Augustine. From harbor inlet down to pier where public beach starts. Just a couple blocks from lighthouse. Taking A1A beach road home as far as Daytona. One of my favorite drives.

• Envious 1

We went camping this weekend as well, but I imagine our weather was quite a bit cooler than yours :D

Our tent is new for this year.  Almost identical to the previous tent.  We had a fire going for about 4 hrs in the evening and then fired it up again the next morning.  I think the temps got down to the mid-30os overnight, and back to around 70o by midday. My pup even got to wear her fleece coat.  Pretty much perfect fall weather.

IMG_8121.thumb.JPG.0201ee1891efc61ca70386e5c391f909.JPG

IMG_8120.thumb.JPG.685605b6bb6064adfbf22cdcbf5a7842.JPG

IMG_8125.thumb.JPG.8cf2ae3a0da2eb4972be28dd38c76434.JPG

• Heart 1