Our Restrooms Have Motion Sensors

Razors Edge

...that activate the lights.  Anyway, when I went in to go pee, the lights were triggered "on" by my opening the door.  I noticed, though, on my way out that there was someone taking care of business in one of the stalls.  They must have been in there so long that the lights went out from lack of motion!  I'd say, if you need to sit on the pot that long, you likely went in too early?  ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Our bathrooms at work have sensors on everything.  Surprised the bathroom and stall doors do not open automagically.  The sensors have ruined me.  I now expect faucets to turn on at my merest gesture and soap to be dispensed on demand.

I wave my hands under the faucet at home and it just stares at me with what I am sure is faucet disdain.

Yeah - I get enraged that the bathroom doors don't open on their own ?

Watching a This Old House episode yesterday, they went to a big builder's show in Vegas(?), and were looking at bathroom fixtures.  All sorts of automatic stuff - up to and including Alexis-type connectivity.  One guy said 50% or so of his customers are installing some variation of these things.

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I wonder if Thom posted this thread from the large handicapped stall in the bathroom at work?

We have strong wi-fi throughout the office, but I won't being a laptop into the bathroom.

You seem to be avoiding the bigger question of how long is too long to sit on the crapper! 

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We have strong wi-fi throughout the office, but I won't being a laptop into the bathroom.

You seem to be avoiding the bigger question of how long is too long to sit on the crapper! 

It is all relative to what I am trying to escape or avoid now isn't it?  Or maybe I am in the middle of a really good book.   Normally, it is wham, bam, thank you ma'am and I am out of there.

48 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Our bathrooms at work have sensors on everything.  Surprised the bathroom and stall doors do not open automagically.  The sensors have ruined me.  I now expect faucets to turn on at my merest gesture and soap to be dispensed on demand.

I wave my hands under the faucet at home and it just stares at me with what I am sure is faucet disdain.

I went to an unfamiliar ATM recently. The screen prompt read, "Please tell what you would like to do today." So I said, "Withdraw cash."  Only the ATM knows what a fool of myself I made that day.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

...that activate the lights.  Anyway, when I went in to go pee, the lights were triggered "on" by my opening the door.  I noticed, though, on my way out that there was someone taking care of business in one of the stalls.  They must have been in there so long that the lights went out from lack of motion!  I'd say, if you need to sit on the pot that long, you likely went in too early?  ?

I used to work with a guy who would fall asleep in the stall. To be fair, it only started happening after his daughter was born.  I assume it was because of lack of sleep.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

There are many faucets to this situation.  Some are problems, some are funny.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

At work our locker room/restroom is right next to the packing department. (Very poor planning) We had a guy that wasn’t afraid to say what he thinks. He had to go and all the stalls were taken. He announced in a loud voice: “If one of you lazy  bastards don’t get out of the stall right now and go back to work I’m going to open the stall door and sit on your lap and take a dump, I have to go now.” All the doors flew open and everybody went back to work. None of them even had to pull their pants up, they were all just goofing off.

• Haha 1

We have a couple along various bike trails that are 'official' pit stops. One of them in particular is on a short timer. Not taking a lot of time, standing at the urinal and suddenly the lights go out. Have to flail your arms around wildly to get them to come back on.

• Haha 1