Should I call,or just ghost the guy?

12string

My wife has wanted a convertible for a long time.  So far, we've had specific needs for all our vehicle purchases, so she's dealt with what I spec'd.  (I'm getting to the guy).  Now, it's her turn, we're spending a bunch, she should get exactly what she wants.  I saw a listing for it at a dealer near our weekend campsite.  Of course, the phone call confirmed nit was sold (take down the listing!)  We went in anyway, I needed to get her to drive some cars and decide what she wanted.  Which we did, sales guy was very helpful, but the color combination wasn't available even from any dealer he could swap with.  He offered us a nice deal, but I'm not going to settle.  I did find the exact car, there's one left in the country, it's a couple hundred miles away, but I got a great deal (I hope, waiting for a return call).

Do I send the other salesman flowers and a Dear John letter?

Important question, what are you looking at getting.

And no, it's not worth settling.  Wife kept trying to talk me into something else because what I wanted was hard to find.  She now gets it and glad I was a stubborn ass.

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Oh, I'm sure he'll call you soon, then you can tell him.

Good point.  I definitely wasn't going to call him today and tell him I did his job for him......

I think he might have had an idea about this.  We talked about how I bought a truck in Detroit, another in NY, a camper in Cincinnati.... And my wife was clear about the color she wanted.  When he made the offer for black on black and my wife said yuck, he knew.

I think the problem with him getting the car is that they have to trade something off their lot, and then the whole transportation cost thing adds up.  I think I know where he was getting the car and i probably could have negotiated better price directly.

• Heart 1

A work friend,  pretty girl with a world class pottymouth, was looking for a purple Dodge Dakota years back. She was calling all the local dealers asking if they had one.

A sales schmuck told her that yes had one on the lot.

She got all excited and headed out.

The poor schmuck proudly pulled a black Ram out of the lot.

The tirade started with "what kind of dumb motherfucker can't tell black from purple"

And degraded....

She got a gift certificate to a local restaurant for her trouble     :D