Got out today!

ChrisL

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Good news.   Garden of the Gods is beautiful, and although you can do some adventurous hikes, you can also see a lot of nice scenery from relatively easy walks.

True but you can really see quiet a bit without ever leaving the car like we did!

A91F28CE-CAE7-45DA-A021-377941435C21.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I told my wife I could live here in Colorado Springs.  Of course with  our jobs & kids we aren’t going anywhere anytime soon but I definately could live here.

They do have winter in Colorado Springs.  I worked for 3 summers at the Manitou Experimental Forest outside of Woodland Park, CO.  Pikes Peak sat at the end of a very long valley.

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I told my wife I could live here in Colorado Springs.  Of course with  our jobs & kids we aren’t going anywhere anytime soon but I definately could live here.

Visit during a cold winter day first and make sure to go out and night to get the full effect.  They specialize in strange weather out there with big temperature swings between nighttime lows and daytime highs.  Been out there where you start out bundled up with everything you own and by the afternoon you are in just a sweatshirt with a huge pile of sheded clothes packed in the car.

For me, Colorado is a nice place to visit but I couldn't live there.  I prefer lakes and trees to rocks.

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

They do have winter in Colorado Springs.  I worked for 3 summers at the Manitou Experimental Forest outside of Woodland Park, CO.  Pikes Peak sat at the end of a very long valley.

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

Visit during a cold winter day first and make sure to go out and night to get the full effect.  They specialize in strange weather out there with big temperature swings between nighttime lows and daytime highs.  Been out there where you start out bundled up with everything you own and by the afternoon you are in just a sweatshirt with a huge pile of sheded clothes packed in the car.

For me, Colorado is a nice place to visit but I couldn't live there.  I prefer lakes and trees to rocks.

Yeah I get it, winter is a thing here. I have been here since Thursday and we arrived a day after a rare October snow storm of about 5” and then had 80’ temps a few days later.   I could adapt to winter and I did some research and winters aren’t too extreme here.

But my comment was based more on amenities, housing costs, healthcare, industry/jobs & outdoor activities.  I would chose this area over any place else in the nation I have been to outside of SoCal.