Last nights yoga session

Dirtyhip

The night started out on the hectic side.  I bring my own yoga mat and blocks.  The loaners they have down there are very nice, but it is used by the general public.  My concerns are catching a cold, or a staph infection, and general yuckyness.  Some of the poses have you face down with your face right on the mat.  No thanks.  Anyway...back on topic.

I popped my mat into this large pannier and was running it upright.  My yoga blocks in the other pannier.  The pannier unzipped and dropped my mat in the middle of the road on the way there.  Shoot. Luckily, I had only ridden about a block.  Had to dash back home and do the bungee thing.  It rides better strapped to my rear rack, so I did that.  Then, I was off to yoga.  Being slightly behind now, I am pedaling like heck to make it on time.  Luckily, I always arrive early to things, so this meant I was prompt for the class.  

Once at the studio, I was able to relax.  I was in a good spot.  Could see the instructor well from my place.  We had a good flowy session.  It was hard.  The room was warm and the poses were creating a lot of internal heat.  I broke out into quite a sweat.  The sweat was just running down my face and back.  It has been said that athletes sweat more efficiently.  Well, I am as efficient as heck.  HAHA

A few of the poses and moves were just too fast and too hard for my tight muscles and tendons.  At some points, I just went down into child's pose to recover.  There was quite a bit of hippy stuff in this session.  The instructor talked about letting go and inner blockage.  These words and affirmations often get to me.  Without outright sobbing, my tears tend to roll down my face by the end of the relaxation part of the session.  I do tend to let go of my inner shit there.  I don't think people notice my tears.  My instructor sees it.  She is very tuned in and really cares about me, or so I feel.  I really like this lady.  We have a great connection.  She is a good human. 

Sometimes we end the session by her using this box that is part accordion. When he does this she asks us to breathe out with sound.  The whole room is like musical with breath and this hum from the accordion.  It's groovy.

Namaste.

@Randomguy

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1