Is this how you thought your life would turn out?

Randomguy

Not really, but life is good none the less.

I never learned to dream or set goals very well, so I never had a long term vision for life.

I am trying to teach my boys to think more about their futures, look at things they like and that will have income potential and set a course for that.

I never learned to dream or set goals very well, so I never had a long term vision for life.

I am trying to teach my boys to think more about their futures, look at things they like and that will have income potential and set a course for that.

You sound like me, only less random.  I will teach RB things that were unteachable to me.  

You sound like me, only less random.  I will teach RB things that were unteachable to me.  

add me to that list....I never really planned it out, I just went with the flow.  Been good to me, but probably would have been completely different if I had really set goals and strived for them.

no, I never would have guessed that I'd make a career out of programing computers

I hated computers. They didn't have them when I was growing up, and I didn't even own a PC of my own until 1996, 2 years after I was already working in this field

actually, I thought I'd be dead by now.

I actually had a bit of a recurring day dream when I was younger. From the time I was about 12, I swore I would going to die before I hit 40. I kept seeing myself get involved in trying to help someone out of being mugged or something like that and getting killed over it. I swore it was true and going to happen as I had that 'vision' so often throughout most of my life.

But...I will turn 44 this year, so it apparently was a lie!