I just finished the last chapter...

UglyBob

9 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I've always felt more exhausted from mental than physical labor.  I noticed it first when taking finals in college, and it didn't change when I was writing manuscripts on the job. Congratulations on finishing this draft of your book. Go get some well deserved rest.

It was the last few chapters that drained me. Making sure to bring all of the threads together in a meaningful way while crafting a satisfying ending is the hardest part for me.  

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Get some rest...........it's almost time to start the fourth book.  :speedy:

Yeah, I already have a pretty well developed story line for book four, but I'm going to concentrate on a different project next. i'm spinning a character from the second and third book off into his own series. Once I get that done, James will get another shot.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Kirby said:

Congratulations!  Let us know when it's ready for purchase.

You folks will be the first to know.  I still have a lot of work to do. Edits and rewrites, then it goes to my editing team to catch what I missed. After I clean that up, it goes to the proofreader. While all of that is happening, I'll be working on the cover and book layout. I don't see it getting done until after the new year.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

You should get Chris to help. I'm sure that he could come up with something unique especially if you need somebody who looks like RG.

Um...Jerry, the idea of a cover is to attract people to the book, not scare them off!

• Haha 2