Fat asses

Square Wheels

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Should have to pay for two seats, not assume I don't mind sharing mine. 

Have I mentioned that I hate flying? 

I'm betting that's likely a path you don't want to get started down.  Guys like jsharr - all muscle that takes up a lot of room - would be paying twice what I would.  Why would we want that to happen?  Kids would be CHEAP, and that might mean babies - CRYING & STINKY babies - would be everywhere!

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Yes, our legs touched, there was no other option as they were on my side.

I need a chiropractor now after leaning over for 3+ hours. 

I would complain, and ask for a different seat. I like to lower

However, I am a pretty small person, and those seats are made too small.  Airlines are posting record profits and they are shrinking seats to make more profits.  This should be criminal.  Seriously.

Why do you hate people with an obvious disability?

And let's be honest, the seats on planes have gotten so small and cramped that a normal person barely fits in them anymore.  I have a hell of a time because I get punished for having long legs.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Why do you hate people with an obvious disability?

And let's be honest, the seats on planes have gotten so small and cramped that a normal person barely fits in them anymore.  I have a hell of a time because I get punished for having long legs.

No wonder people fight and have issues.  Cram enough chickens in a small space and watch what happens

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

If it were me, I would pull the lady card.  He is touching me. Please have him stop lying on me!!!  This hurts.  OW!  ?

FWIW I am larger than the 5'9" / 170 pound standard the airlines use to calculate seating, but WTaH is wrong with some people?

I had a coworker get a guy next to him who had to use 2 seat belt extenders. The guy was prepared, though, he brought his own.

48 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I would complain, and ask for a different seat. I like to lower

However, I am a pretty small person, and those seats are made too small.  Airlines are posting record profits and they are shrinking seats to make more profits.  This should be criminal.  Seriously.

You have to take a 15 hour flight in one of the new 17" seats at elevated Chinese style cabin temperatures to really appreciate that attitude.

But you have to know that the answer will be higher air fares for all if the seating capacity goes down.  In 1999 a ticket from Hartford CT to Orlando FL could be purchased for $99 each way.  A business priced ticket purchased at the last moment was $700.  You can pick your poison, a bigger seat or a smaller wallet.

It's not all for profit.

And don't ask about reduced maintenance on the planes either.

34 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

If enough people assert themselves with this airline situation, maybe we can get some changes made.

Arrive early for seat.  Put the arm thing down, and have your arm on it. 

I had the aisle.  He got there after me.  He had to put up the arm rest to get to the middle.  There was no way I could have put it down without injuring him.

I lived.

When daughter was going through cancer treatments, I would drive to PHX area, WoW would fly on her turn. Cost overall wasn't much different. Even long days in the car were less stressful than dealing with airline BS. And I got to spend time in Albuquerque with some fantastic people! 

We will probably fly there this winter for a few days with the kids. The flying is simply because you can't plan for weather being drive friendly in the winter and WoW May not have the extra time off available. If it's too bad, maybe I will buy a car and drive back!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

When my wife's company made her fly out to Cali last spring, she told them business class (first class) or they could get rid of her.  They flew her out on business class, she wasn't about to deal with those tiny seats, even with that though, it cured her of bugging me about flying somewhere because the airport experience was still miserable.

Though apparently in Burbank, first class/business class has their own no wait security line.  She found that out after waiting 30 minutes in the security line and screener told her, she was like, geez, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not this bad of a person and don't deserve this again.  I dont board for another hour, but I just saw the same guy waiting at my gate. 

If he sits next to me again, you'll be seeing me in the news tonight.

Oh sweet Jesus no!  I have my fingers sincerely crossed for you. NO fat ass. NO fat ass...............

If you ARE unfortunate enough to get stuck with him, take a pic! After he gets all greased up and stuffed into his seat, take an obvious pic and send it to us. 

Ok, I know you won't be all obvious about it, so sneak one!

But I"m still keeping my fingers crossed you don't get stuck with him.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

If you ARE unfortunate enough to get stuck with him, take a pic! After he gets all greased up and stuffed into his seat, take an obvious pic and send it to us. 

Ok, I know you won't be all obvious about it, so sneak one!

But I"m still keeping my fingers crossed you don't get stuck with him.

You should get Wheels to head to Dallas to pick up River and Hudson for you and Lucy.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd rather eat those dogs, grilled or alive, than get stuck next to another person who doesn't fit in their own seat.

I'm already in a bad mood (wait, that's most of the time).

@Kzoo Dear Leader is in a bad mood. It must be a day that ends in y.

I got lucky.  They stuffed us on the plane, since they charge you to check any bag, everyone brings 9 bags on board with them.  Mine is stuffed under my feet, so nowhere to put my feet.

At least the guy next to me is normal sized

They get us on the plane, pull away from the gate, then say they'll be an hour delay.

Have I mentioned I hate flying?

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I got lucky.  They stuffed us on the plane, since they charge you to check any bag, everyone brings 9 bags on board with them.  Mine is stuffed under my feet, so nowhere to put my feet.

They get us on the plane, pull away from the gate, then say they'll be an hour delay.

Well look  at the good side.  Oh wait, my bad.  There is no good side.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I bet the guy you sat next to on the way down has asked them to stop so he can switch seats and sit with his lil' buddy.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Chris... said:

fat-airline_2107136a.jpg

I used to work with that guy. There was a scale next to where we worked that they used for weighing parts. He stood on the scale one day and I saw what it read. We were the same height, I told him the scale must be broke. I got on the scale and it was exact. He weighed exactly twice my weight.

• Awesome 1