As a registered voter

Airehead

Starting this year, in NY you can take up to three hours with pay to vote. Even if the s are open before or after your shift. I am wondering who will be watching the students.   We usually have 5 adults for 7 students and we need them all. 

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Starting this year, in NY you can take up to three hours with pay to vote. Even if the s are open before or after your shift. I am wondering who will be watching the students.   We usually have 5 adults for 7 students and we need them all. 

It sure helps to have advance election voting locations  a wk. advance.  Unfortunately I forgot my 2 necessary IDs and couldn't do it at the mountain resort town when we were on vacation.  So will be stuck tomorrow  in probably line-up tomorrow...which is CAnada's federal/national election day.

13 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

It sure helps to have advance election voting locations  a wk. advance.  Unfortunately I forgot my 2 necessary IDs and couldn't do it at the mountain resort town when we were on vacation.  So will be stuck tomorrow  in probably line-up tomorrow...which is CAnada's federal/national election day.

You only need a drivers licence or have someone vouch for you.  

12 minutes ago, Airehead said:

But could you take three hours off if you wanted with pay

For federal election and for Alberta provincial election, we have not been able to vote by mail.  Now, I can't remember for municipal election....and I should know better. There was a huge controversy of lack of ballots at certain polling stations for the Olympics bid plebiscite.

My employer does allow some time off, I think it might be an hr. or something like that.  We were informed just last week.... and I promptly forgot because I don't to take "advantage" of time off.  I live near my polling station since I'm in the downtown core.

It does sound like challenge for you Airehead.

5 minutes ago, wilbur said:

You only need a drivers licence or have someone vouch for you.  

According to the notice from the federal Canadian govn't I just received 3 wks. ago, I must have my photo government ID and bill which gives my address/residency.  I don't drive Wilbur...so it will be my passport and my insurance company bill of last month.