Hey Razor's Edge -- about your Nationals

Dottleshead

I'll wait for someone like @ChrisL to comment on the odds of the Nats winning/losing/being competitive in the World Series.  Seems they a peaking at the right time, so, depending on how a week of rest affects them, we will have to see how they play in game 1.

Astros should be favored simply by their record, but I am not sure how their records compare since the all-star break or since Sept 1 or some other recent period that might indicate how the teams are playing now.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It starts tomorrow at 8 pm? I will miss the opening, as I'll be watching the Pens/Panthers game. But I guess I can flip over at 10 pm after the hockey game and catch the second inning.

Unless someone gives me tickets, I will not likely see any of the games unless I happen to flip past them.  However, I'm now sort of interested in this new hockey vs football sport that seems to be on TV in your neck of the woods.  I bet that's a new sport someone like SW would enjoy. I'm pulling for Carolina in that match-up.

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'll wait for someone like @ChrisL to comment on the odds of the Nats winning/losing/being competitive in the World Series.  Seems they a peaking at the right time, so, depending on how a week of rest affects them, we will have to see how they play in game 1.

Astros should be favored simply by their record, but I am not sure how their records compare since the all-star break or since Sept 1 or some other recent period that might indicate how the teams are playing now.

I’m a little surprised by the odds being so heavily favored for the Astros.  They should be favored based on the depth of their team & record.  But if the Nats continue to play the way they have been it will be a 7 game series.  
It’s hard for me to predict this series, a lot of it will depend on how the layoff impacts the Nats.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Unless someone gives me tickets, I will not likely see any of the games unless I happen to flip past them.  However, I'm now sort of interested in this new hockey vs football sport that seems to be on TV in your neck of the woods.  I bet that's a new sport someone like SW would enjoy. I'm pulling for Carolina in that match-up.

Florida Panthers. Been in the league about 23 years now.

58 minutes ago, jsharr said:

At this point I would say they have it won.  That win last night probably gutted the Astros.  

It’s a best of 7 so the Nats need to win 2 more.  It will be a tough hill to climb but I wouldn’t count the Astros out yet. But if they go down 0-3 yeah they are done...

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Max was drafted as a Diamondback and played 4 years for the Tigers (and now 4 yeas for the Nats)

JV was drafted as a Tiger and played 12 years for the Tigers.

Max passed thru - JV was a lifer (until they shipped him out)

You're putting folks to sleep with this sort of talk.

???

Just now, Kzoo said:

Yup

image.png.555cedfdbcf7594d8f6d093af10707ce.png

I'm assuming your sports seasons are over until the Spring of 2020, correct?  Let's let the folks who still have some interest in baseball, college football, and pro football keep participating, and you can rejoin when your teams are back in the mix.

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

I don't' hear/see much from RE.  Astros came into town and took care of business.  They win tonight and he's going to be bumming.

Game 3 loss wasn’t unexpected. The ‘stros didn’t get to the WS by folding. Win or lose this promises to be an exciting series for fans of baseball 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Home field is supposed to be an advantage.  After 4 games, the visitors are 4-0.    crazy.gif.1bdb5dde2c40aeaf17579924f3462ae7.gif

I've kind of always wondered how much a difference home field matters in baseball.  I mean basketball and football I get --- but it seems like baseball it's not quite as important?  I dunno.  Crowd energy can help get you pumped but I don't see how getting pumped is going to help you swing a bat?  I guess a pitcher can ride it. 

10 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do DH rules follow the stadium in MLB? Do pitchers hit when in the NL ballpark, but DH hits in AL parks? If so, I think that favors National League managers who are used to making more situational substitutions. Although not in this series.

You are correct. DH in Houston, pitchers at the plate in DC.