Hey Razor's Edge -- about your Nationals

Dottleshead

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

And who wins game 7?  Has there ever been a 7 game World Series with no home team wins?

Yeah that would be weird if the away team won every game.

I actually still don’t have a good read on this series.  The Astros are a stronger team. The Nats came into the series a hotter team. The Nats bats cooled off but if they wake up again all bets are off. 

I guess if I have to pick a team it’s still the Astros but the Nats could still pull it off. 

34 minutes ago, jsharr said:

They are not my Astros.  If I had a MBL team, it would be The Rangers.   I guess Astros would be next, as they are also a Texas team.

Yeah, I get it. I'm getting ticked at RE though. I have said inflammatory baseball things and he has failed to show.

You can imagine my disappointment.

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

Yeah, I get it. I'm getting ticked at RE though. I have said inflammatory baseball things and he has failed to show.

You can imagine my disappointment.

HEY YOU RAT BASTARD!!!! :D

I've been sick as a dog lately :( with a cold and cough.  I'm disappointed (on one level) at the Nats losing three in a row because I would think it would have been pretty fun to have them win at home. On the other hand, the Nats aren't "my team" (I'm a stinkin' Phillies fan), and I get a lot of schadenfreude from my friends and coworkers who are Nat fans sweating this series. :)

I was shocked to hear Sherzer wasn't able to pitch, but that has nothing to do with Nats not scoring runs.  I don't watch the games other than flipping past if the TV is on. I prioritize football - college and NFL - ahead of baseball (for viewing and paying attention), and we had both this past weekend. Likewise, we're finally watching Stranger Things, so that's been eating up my TV time.

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

HEY YOU RAT BASTARD!!!! :D

I've been sick as a dog lately :( with a cold and cough.  I'm disappointed (on one level) at the Nats losing three in a row because I would think it would have been pretty fun to have them win at home. On the other hand, the Nats aren't "my team" (I'm a stinkin' Phillies fan), and I get a lot of schadenfreude from my friends and coworkers who are Nat fans sweating this series. :)

I was shocked to hear Sherzer wasn't able to pitch, but that has nothing to do with Nats not scoring runs.  I don't watch the games other than flipping past if the TV is on. I prioritize football - college and NFL - ahead of baseball (for viewing and paying attention), and we had both this past weekend. Likewise, we're finally watching Stranger Things, so that's been eating up my TV time.

Typical Nats fan....

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Typical Nats fan....

My office is VERY depressed today.  :(

Keep in mind, I still have no idea what Baby Shark is.  I keep hearing it in reference to the Nats, but haven't invested any effort into trying to figure out what it is.

35 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'll take that bet!

Did I say I was betting on anything?  Do you not read well?

And the Steelers are playing tonight.  Let's focus on the important stuff first and then deal with Game 6 of some series tomorrow.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Did I say I was betting on anything?  Do you not read well?

And the Steelers are playing tonight.  Let's focus on the important stuff first and then deal with Game 6 of some series tomorrow.

Good recovery.  No one noticed you were wrong.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Sure. What's the important stuff we should focus on?  Monday's are pretty lame for TV, so maybe we can discuss the final episode of season 1 of Stranger Things? That's what I will be watching.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

season 1 of Stranger Things?

is this Netflix, or live tv? If Netflix, can go provide a series overview? I’m stuck in the Great British Bake-off Hell as we can’t find a new series to start. Although I am rewatching Breaking Bad when my wife isn’t home, she doesn’t want to see it again.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Thank god there is a Penguins/Flyers game tonight so there is something good to watch. Although I understand there were 6 exposed boobs at the last 7th inning stretch. Too bad MLB banned the young ladies. ☹️

4.  One pair chickened out as it were.  The other two were detained and issued letters banning them from all MLB games indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Thank god there is a Penguins/Flyers game tonight so there is something good to watch. Although I understand there were 6 exposed boobs at the last 7th inning stretch. Too bad MLB banned the young ladies. ☹️

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

4.  One pair chickened out as it were.  The other two were detained and issued letters banning them from all MLB games indefinitely.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Pics are readily available. And the letter booting them.

21 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

is this Netflix, or live tv? If Netflix, can go provide a series overview? I’m stuck in the Great British Bake-off Hell as we can’t find a new series to start. Although I am rewatching Breaking Bad when my wife isn’t home, she doesn’t want to see it again.

Three seasons are on Netflix. I only watched season 1.  May see how season 2 starts before committing.

Essentially, it's a Stephen King-esque series set in the early 80s (1983?) with a shit ton of references to the time.  Sort of an ET flavor with a darker edge (the King vibe), and it does a pretty good job.  I wouldn't rate it as "great" but it was good enough to roll through the 8 episode season in a week.  Twin Peaks or maybe X-Files are a slightly newer take. 

Generally it is the story of four 13 yr old boys - sort of geeky - who are best friends until one disappears at the very beginning of episode one.  Small town, weird stuff, family dynamics, bad g-men, etc. 

Definitely watch the first 10 minutes and see if it works for you.  I was easy watching, with pretty good pacing.  The final episode wraps up some of the random questions and the supernatural side of things are mostly explained.

6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Thank god there is a Penguins/Flyers game tonight so there is something good to watch. 

101 points for Crosby in 67 career games against the Flyers. @12string doesn’t know if he should cry or wind his watch. I was hoping to light up Hart tonight, tbh. 

costume night at the arena. Good fun. There is a guy next to me dressed as an Amish farmer. Only way I know it’s a Costume is he has a miniature horse. And he’s hammering beers.

4C840272-1F3D-4386-A40B-C5BEDD2D4493.jpeg