Hey Razor's Edge -- about your Nationals

Dottleshead

8 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

Well fuck.  

This is a good series.

Mudkipz

The Pens-Flyers???? No way.  While likely the most discussed and epic games in decades, there have been better.  Sure, better than watching a baseball game, but not by much :whistle:

And now we have a one game series!  Vegas oddsmakers are usually pretty accurate but I figured this would be closer than the oddsmakers had it and it would go 7.

I never really had a good read on a winner for this series and still don’t.  Toss a coin at this point...

Just now, Dottie said:

Again, a lot of home runs in this series it seems.

I take it you don’t watch baseball?  It’s been a thing the past few years. Nobody plays small ball anymore.  It’s all about launch angles & go big or go home. Striking out 3 times and going yard once is the new normal.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dottie said:

I guess that's what MLB wants. 

It seems so.  Home runs are way up yet again and there are talks of tighter spun balls & harder resins on bats.  I think what it really boils down to is pitchers are throwing harder and batters are swinging for the fences knowing that nobody cares about strike outs if you hit 30 + home runs.

Whatever it is the fans & MLB likes the long ball so it continues.  The World Series is just a small sample of what’s been going on all season.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It seems so.  Home runs are way up yet again and there are talks of tighter spun balls & harder resins on bats.  I think what it really boils down to is pitchers are throwing harder and batters are swinging for the fences knowing that nobody cares about strike outs if you hit 30 + home runs.

Whatever it is the fans & MLB likes the long ball so it continues.  The World Series is just a small sample of what’s been going on all season.

Fans seem to want it too. Just like all the high scores in NFL. It's passing and scoring. 

18 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

I'm beginning to not like Rendon, despite watching him play some HS and a lot of college games. I think he should hold out of tonight's game so he doesn't risk an injury before he negotiates whether he gets $30M per year for 6 years or 8 years.

Yeah, those damn financial decisions are a PITA.  Best to take a break and give one's mind time to work through the options.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Yay Nats win! The icing is that they won the year after Harper left to play in Philly. Bryceless!

Addition by subtraction?  

When Harper & Trout broke into the league, the first few years all we heard from the major media sources was how great Harper is and oh that guy In CA is going to be pretty good too.  Now very few people speak of Harper other than in posts like this or his FA deal while that other dude is in consideration for another MVP & arguably one of the best to ever play the game.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

'Bite Me' RE or 'Bowel Movement' RE or 'Balancing Modernization Rehabilitation and Expansion'?

But Michigan Really Exists?  Who knows? He's just copying jsharr nowadays :(  But maybe that's an improvement? Yeah, it's an upgrade for sure.