Ride pics

dinneR

10 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

I recognize that place. Been there several times.

There was some question on OSM editing about the northern end of the #7 trail. I verified the position of the northern section. If editors have doubt, the pictures should help assure them. The #7 trail forks within the park and doesn't officially exit the area. No clear path for a continuation of the trail or an exit from the park could lead to confusion. That's why I posted the sign.

1746407449_Annotation2019-10-25064333.jpg.5661073e28c704dd6efeb6f7e399b909.jpg

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

There was some question on OSM editing about the northern end of the #7 trail. I verified the position of the northern section. If editors have doubt, the pictures should help assure them. The #7 trail forks within the park and doesn't officially exit the area. No clear path for a continuation of the trail or an exit from the park could lead to confusion. That's why I posted the sign.

1746407449_Annotation2019-10-25064333.jpg.5661073e28c704dd6efeb6f7e399b909.jpg

WoD_P loves riding in the areas around Dayton.  So many nice trails to stay off roads.

• Heart 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:42 PM, Longjohn said:

D41490A4-9DF3-4920-9B15-9CFE7F20DA77.jpeg

See how dark this tunnel looks, don't believe it because it is the darkest place on earth. The tunnel was full of fog on the day I did my birthday ride. Even with my good headlight I couldn't see the edge of the pavement. If you drop off the pavement you WILL crash. The tunnel they didn't bother to build a berm like you see in this picture. You drop the thickness of the pavement onto the old railroad bed with the big gravel or slag that they built the rail bed with. The tunnel is two miles long with a bend in the middle. You can't see the light at the end of the tunnel for most of the way. Things like this make a rail trail more exciting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...