Will you dress up for Halloween?

Kirby

So will you have a costume for Halloween?  Any Halloween parties that require a costume?   The last time I wore a costume was for a party decades ago -I wore green pants and a top and pinned Christmas ornaments to it and called myself a Christmas tree.

• Heart 3

There was a neighborhood party last night, but we skipped it. After a full day out watching gage compete, I was not up to head back out after getting home. 

I will however be dressing up on the 31st for at work. I wanted to do as the chick from the Brave movie, but there is a redhead at work already that claimed that costume. I still think I would make a better redhead than her! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Yes.  I do every year.  Went to a masquerade ball at the Apollo last night.   hors d'oeuvres, dinner, open bar, DJ  and the Ghost Busters were there!  Elvira was our hostess for the evening as well. Was great!  Danced till midnight. ?

We went at MacBeth and Lady MacBeth. 

There were some very impressive costumes there. And I can’t tell you how often I got hit on. Wow!  

We have a costume party at work on Thursday and will dress up to take our granddaughter trick or treating and pass out candy. 

Wonderful. :)

No, I haven't done it in um...30 yrs.  At work in our division there's an invite to wear costume and during break, a potluck.  Actually in past 8 yrs., different invites to dress-up at work.

I'm such a cheapo and not creative, costume-wise.  I don't want to spend any money ...and my sewing machine is in a different province. So that's my excuse.  

Nope.  We’re not much into costume parties. My wife & I have actually never been to one as a couple.

Her company is small so they all dress up. She usually gets a silly costume for the day. My company really gets into Halloween but I don’t dress up nor do I allow my staff & contractors due to the nature of our work.

I just got back from the Writer's Digest conference in Pasadena. We had our costume party last night. I got second place for the second year in a row. Just can't squeeze out a first place finish. This was my costume:

20191026_190328.thumb.jpg.684afbaf98ea50e297a0c1c7cf0dd27c.jpg

It's a 5 yard great kilt, pleated and belted in the traditional manner. I'll wear it again on Thursday for the staff party at the museum.

• Heart 3

13 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I just got back from the Writer's Digest conference in Pasadena. We had our costume party last night. I got second place for the second year in a row. Just can't squeeze out a first place finish. This was my costume:

It's a 5 yard great kilt, pleated and belted in the traditional manner. I'll wear it again on Thursday for the staff party at the museum.

We’re brothers! ?

This is how we went:

3C5F57F2-28BC-4F8B-A547-6C6AE64BCBC8.thumb.jpeg.fcf61275bb64f5babe0540f91e37f8b7.jpeg

• Heart 1

Just now, UglyBob said:

Love it! I'm more of a commoner. We dress as literary characters or famous authors for the party at the conference. I was Dougal Mackenzie from Outlander. 

I do the commoner thing as well:

C21538B7-CE71-4387-8FFC-C1EC98AAF1BE.thumb.jpeg.cbd074233317ee7e2654789377a26eaf.jpeg

Sometimes the pressures of running a kingdom just make you have to escape....

?

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, UglyBob said:

The great kilt is awesome, btw!  Been thinking about getting one for awhile.