New Bike Fever

Darn, I was at LBS  and test rode a 2.3 Domane..Wow.. My 2300 must have 12,000 mi on it and would be fine for a few more years and LBS doesn`t take trade ins.. My salvation is I have 2 daughters, one  rides and the other jogs and will need a good bike someday..Any one else ever experienced  this dilemma?

Nope.  I bought big on my first bike, got a pretty sweet Roubaix.  I just got new wheels for it, they are still in the box in the basement.

I really like my bike and I can't imagine ever needing a new one.

I will consider a new bike when shifting is electronic, brakes are disc and both are by bluetooth.  In 10 years when they have this all worked out, I'll get a new bike.  :)

I'm actually pretty close to N-1 with N being 2.  I let a friend borrow my first bike which was a hybrid.  He really seems to like it and if he keeps riding I might give it to him.

• Heart 1

I was all set to "upgrade" to another Roubaix with nicer carbon and Ultegra. Then I went on a Tues Night bike ride and had my ass handed to me... again. Realized I was not worthy of a $4000 bike. My $2700 Roubaix is just fine for now.

Having said that, I DID just "upgrade" my Sirrus. 2005 to a 2014.

• Heart 1

I was all set to "upgrade" to another Roubaix with nicer carbon and Ultegra. Then I went on a Tues Night bike ride and had my ass handed to me... again. Realized I was not worthy of a $4000 bike. My $2700 Roubaix is just fine for now.

Having said that, I DID just "upgrade" my Sirrus. 2005 to a 2014.

What, you don't think an upgraded bike would make you faster. :P  You don't have to be worthy of a new bike or need one all you have to do is be able to afford it. Excuse me I'm actually talking to myself justifying  my next bike. No rational justification for it other than it's my retirement gift to myself so I'm going for it. :speedy:

• Heart 1

I was looking at the Domane a year or two ago. I was coming close to going with it. Then I test rode a Felt Z4 and loved it just as much. The shop was having a great deal on that particular Felt (last year's model...trying to make room for new ones), so I ended up with the Felt.

• Heart 2

A road bike is a road bike, so no, don't have that issue.

Now if you are talking MTB, with the actual variations in suspension design and handling, then yes.

• 2 weeks later...

my son rented me a Trek Project 1 (long story, but kudos to Maple Grove Cycles in Maple Grove MN) a few years ago that gave me the desire to upgrade to carbon.  I had about 25,000 - 30,000 miles on my Trek 1500 (almost 7 years, 4000-6000 miles per year).  I bought a Domane 4.5, and love it.

now, I would like an mtb, and possibly a singlespeed.   Specialized has a model of single speed called the Langster