It's Come to My Attention...

Nate

this was taken from the International Chili Society's history of chili.

"Our travels through Texas, New Mexico, and California, and even Mexico, over the years have failed to turn up the elusive "best bowl of chili." Every state lays claim to the title, and certainly no Texan worth his comino (cumin) would think, even for a moment, that it rests anywhere else but in the Lone Star State

There may not be an answer. There are, however, certain facts that one cannot overlook. The mixture of meat, beans, peppers, and herbs was known to the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayan Indians long before Columbus and the conquistadores."

Here you go, Mr. Quotey McQuoterson, taken from that same article:

n 1977, a bill was introduced in the Texas legislature to designate chili as the official state dish, and one year earlier, back in California, Rufus (Rudy) Valdez, a full-blooded Ute Indian, won the world chili championship, using what he claimed to be a two thousand-year-old recipe.

"Originally," says Valdez, "chili was made with meat of horses or deer, chile peppers and cornmeal from ears of stalks that grew only to the knee. No beans." Valdez says he got his recipe from his grandmother when he was a boy on the Ute reservation near Ignacio, Colorado. She lived to the age of 102 and Valdez says she credited her longevity and that of her relatives to the powers of chili. Actually, he says, chili was invented by the Pueblo cliff dwellers in Mesa Verde who passed it on to the Navajos before it became popular with the Utes.

Please note that the "world champion chili" did not contain beans.  So what if some Incas liked chili beans back in the day.  We are talking chili here.  Chili that was inpsired by real cowboys in a real place called Texas made by real men from a recipe they stole from real Indians.

Why don't you go do your job and let hooligans pelt you with garbage on your bike and then go enjoy a craft beer with your craft beard, now that you have been told what chili is and what it is not.  

Good Day Sir!

• Heart 2

been there....hotter than hell, and full of retired yankees.  like I said....aint like the rest of the South.

Only people who didn't live there think that. It's just as "Southern" (or more so) than many other "Southern" states.

Only people who didn't live there think that. It's just as "Southern" (or more so) than many other "Southern" states.

I lived there for a couple years in Major Nelson's neighborhood.

I learned how to speak without sounding like I'm from Boston.

The big cities are where Yankees go to die, the rest of the state is meh. Pretty redneck. AZ is very similar, but with better weather.

Actually AZ is much better if you can handle real heat.
  • Heart 1

I lived there for a couple years in Major Nelson's neighborhood.

I learned how to speak without sounding like I'm from Boston.

The big cities are where Yankees go to die, the rest of the state is meh. Pretty redneck. AZ is very similar, but with better weather.

Actually AZ is much better if you can handle real heat.

I was in AZ once (phoenix). Worst urban sprawl I've ever seen. 

FL is plain horrible, in almost all ways.

I was in AZ once (phoenix). Worst urban sprawl I've ever seen. 

FL is plain horrible, in almost all ways.

Untrue! In someways yes, but in most every other way their is vast improvements from outside Detroit.

Also the coastal towns from Palm Harbor to Dunedin, Indian Rocks, etc are all awesome. I drive ten minutes and its like I am on vacation. I love that.

Explain.

Interior as I get is out my back yard. Where I live I am ten minutes from where both of these photos where taken. Personally I love both areas for their separate reasons.

IMG_20131011_080802_349.jpg

20140509_200355.jpg

What I think they mean by interior florida you can find in places like Mango, Seffner, or even Ruskin. Pretty low rent and ghetto areas