LAJ and JtM drama live

Parsnip Totin Jack

This drama event is unfolding live. LAJ received a letter in early October from Social Security/Medicare stating that unless he completed Medicare reapplication paperwork by today he would lose coverage. Wo7 learned about this on Monday when LAJ’s senior services rep called Wo7 to find out how things are going. As we are in MA Wo7 cannot do much. She called JtM to get help. JtM said she will take care of this* but this is the last time. *Take LAJ to his credit union to obtain copies of statements. I expect her to head out to OH next week. LAJ is a worthless pos.

• Sad 2

In many states there are, at the county level, senior services that provide financial guardianship.  It's a bonded individual that works for or contracts to the county to assume fiduciary responsibility for the individual.  They have limited POA and pay bills and deal with the crap that LAJ creates.  Is that available in Ohio?

• Heart 2

While I have done and will probably continue to do self destructive behaviors from time to time, it's never occurred to me to just quit and try to force others into taking care of the basics for me.

#7, you are a great story teller, and these chronicles always captivate me.

Btw, we have some other very good story tellers here.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Kzoo said:

In many states there are, at the county level, senior services that provide financial guardianship.  It's a bonded individual that works for or contracts to the county to assume fiduciary responsibility for the individual.  They have limited POA and pay bills and deal with the crap that LAJ creates.  Is that available in Ohio?

They may have that, my wife is filling that role but if he refuses to open his mail we will never know. We can’t change his address as he would be turned down for benefit eligibility in Ohio. I suggested forwarding his mail here, but if he gets a package that would mess things up. I’ll tell my wife to ask if Senior Serviced can help. He doesn’t have bills per se other than the bank he’s not paying. But paperwork on benefits can’t be ignored. 

9 hours ago, Old#7 said:

They may have that, my wife is filling that role but if he refuses to open his mail we will never know. We can’t change his address as he would be turned down for benefit eligibility in Ohio. I suggested forwarding his mail here, but if he gets a package that would mess things up. I’ll tell my wife to ask if Senior Serviced can help. He doesn’t have bills per se other than the bank he’s not paying. But paperwork on benefits can’t be ignored. 

We gave my BIL large envelopes which were addressed and had plenty of postage on them. Yea that didn't work either.

20 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Any update?

Wo7 texted RtJ on Thursday. “If you don’t take your Dad to get three months of bank statements today, he will lose Medicaid eligibility. This means the process will start all over and there is no way to know when he’ll move out of your condo.” The statements were obtained Thursday. Carrot meet stick. 
JtM took LAJ to the Social Security office in downtown Cincinnati today. The paperwork is updated to keep Medicaid coverage. We should know more in a few weeks. JtM is done helping, so she says. Wo7 has not said when she is going back. When she goes, son of 7 and I may go too as so7 is buying an LS3 motor for his rock buggy, and will need help bringing it back. 

A9B784CA-5C99-4F41-BFB9-A0ED6D1B2C6E.jpeg

• Heart 3