I thought my cats ate a lot

Parr8hed

Actually, it was a coon that ate a lot.

The bag of cat food I had was ripped open, so I put it up on top of the fridge.  You know, so the cats could not get to it..(LOL)

I went out last night to feed them and there was something gray up there on the top of the fridge.  I assumed it was a stray neighborhood cat that I have seen before so I swatted it on the ass and told it to get out.  It barely moved so I went around to the other side of the fridge to grab it and got about 12" away from it before I realized it was a coon. 

I kinda froze.  I mean if that thing jumped off and onto me he could eat my face off.  I didn't have a gun within reach.  Kinda glad I didn't because I probably would have put a .45 caliber hole in my freezer or the side of my garage. 

So I'm gonna be buying a locking plastic cat food bin today I guess.

• Heart 1

This is why its good to put a magnet on the side of a .22 pistol and just leave it stuck to the refrigerator door

You are right man. I actually do not own a .22 pistol.  I have several .22 rifles.  The smallest caliber pistol I own is a 380. But it is not readily handy to me.  I may seriously look for a .22 pistol just for such circumstances.

too many days in the big city right there :whistle:

They scared me most when they were on my roof in Boulder, and I had a window that looked directly out onto that roof.  I tried to scare them away, but they turned and looked pissed and started to come to the window.  I closed the window part and the curtains, and wished I had guns.

On a couple of occasions when they were live trapping squirrels and giving them swimming lessons :whistle:   (a little assignment one of our previous gardeners gave to a couple of the guys here)...the guys would forget and leave the trap set overnight...at least twice they caught Raccoons :rolleyes:  Mean and nasty...all they could do is somehow lift the trap and get it into the barrel  swimming pool....and a dead wet raccoon weighs a ton :whistle:   Not long after the second Raccoon...they stopped trapping...some of the ladies heard about the project (one of the guys was a loud mouth)...and that was that.  We know have about 50,000 members of the SLA in the garden.

Good Luck with your Raccoon :nod head: