ChrisL

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

WTF??? 

No pictures?

:unhappy:

Well I guess I ordered the stuff but did pay for it too.  Should be here next week & I’ll post pictures then.
Lots of good reviews on the wheels and they are not spendy. I put a lot of thought into the tires and wanted something that will handle mostly road with a little dirt.  The Re-Fuse seemed a good choice.  If the trail is too chunky I’ll just ride the Anthem.

Cant wait!

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

need to do this for G for his race bike. 

The GRX are more gravel oriented and reasonably light but not really CX race wheels.  I noticed Stans was blowing out the Iron Cross rims for $25. I’d probably taco them but they would be good for G.   If you have any leads on hubs & a builder (ahem @Rattlecan) you could probably build up a sweet set of hoops for a decent price.

26 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The GRX are more gravel oriented and reasonably light but not really CX race wheels.  I noticed Stans was blowing out the Iron Cross rims for $25. I’d probably taco them but they would be good for G.   If you have any leads on hubs & a builder (ahem @Rattlecan) you could probably build up a sweet set of hoops for a decent price.

Thanks for the mention, but custom builds from myself or other builders are rarely competitive with off the shelf options. By the time I import rims and hubs for these builds, my price out the door for a set of wheels like that will be a bit north of $1,000 Canadian.

I can provide cheap options for out of date stuff like 26" wheels only because I bought up a bunch of closeout lower end parts.

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Thanks!  I like those stans rims for him (just not for me).  I really should snatch up some hubs. 

24 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Thanks for the mention, but custom builds from myself or other builders are rarely competitive with off the shelf options. By the time I import rims and hubs for these builds, my price out the door for a set of wheels like that will be a bit north of $1,000 Canadian.

I can provide cheap options for out of date stuff like 26" wheels only because I bought up a bunch of closeout lower end parts.

So 1,000 Canadian is roughly 155 $ us dollars, right?  Get me two sets!

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, dennis said:

I like Stan's rims. 

I have a set of Stan's 355s built with Sram hubs. A friend of mine built them for me for $300 about 10 years ago. They have been awesome wheels. Pretty damn light. 

My Fargo has Flows with Sram hubs. These are heavy, but rock solid. 

I was looking at the Grail wheels but got a better deal on the shimanos.I put some Crests laced to XT hubs on my HT.  My cousin has that bike now and they are still going strong for him.