I won a major award.

BR46

7 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Hey, not everyone gets an award from the American Medical Association!

I had some of those from back when I raced. I like to keep stuff like that but nobody else cares. We had a large entertainment center that had a place for all your stuff, TV, stereo equipment, DVD players, storage for CDs, DVDs, photo albums, etc. I had a photo album in there with all kind of certificates and newspaper clippings. My wife wanted the entertainment center gone so she put all the stuff from it in a cardboard box and had me take the entertainment center over to the Link (a place our church runs in Youngstown that is sort of like Goodwill. I got back from Youngstown and there was a big box sitting in the middle of the living room floor so I took it to the basement. A couple years ago we had a storm that flooded the basement. Last night I was going through stuff in the basement to fill the garbage tote, what's in this box? It had DVDs that were still sealed in plastic, never been opened. Those all went in the trash. It had CDs that have all been imported to our devices. On the bottom of the box it had my photo albums that were in contact with the water when we had the flood (it was less than a half inch). The photos of our kids when they were babies were ruined as were all the certificates and newspaper clippings.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Hey, not everyone gets an award from the American Medical Association!

My son even has one. 

Traveling around 10,000 miles racing, chasing points. It came down to the final race between two guys and who ever won the race won the national championship. My son lost the championship by 1 point. 

Here is part of his second place award. Sitting on the garage floor alone with all the other trophies 

20190724_180532.thumb.jpg.b0057299d43aa14fc006f4123d3c7bd6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had some of those from back when I raced. I like to keep stuff like that but nobody else cares. We had a large entertainment center that had a place for all your stuff, TV, stereo equipment, DVD players, storage for CDs, DVDs, photo albums, etc. I had a photo album in there with all kind of certificates and newspaper clippings. My wife wanted the entertainment center gone so she put all the stuff from it in a cardboard box and had me take the entertainment center over to the Link (a place our church runs in Youngstown that is sort of like Goodwill. I got back from Youngstown and there was a big box sitting in the middle of the living room floor so I took it to the basement. A couple years ago we had a storm that flooded the basement. Last night I was going through stuff in the basement to fill the garbage tote, what's in this box? It had DVDs that were still sealed in plastic, never been opened. Those all went in the trash. It had CDs that have all been imported to our devices. On the bottom of the box it had my photo albums that were in contact with the water when we had the flood (it was less than a half inch). The photos of our kids when they were babies were ruined as were all the certificates and newspaper clippings.

We had a similar occurrence.  Lost all these incredibly cute pics of #2 daughter picking apples when she was young and cute as she says. :D

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

second place trophies? All they mean is that you were the first place loser."

But out of all the losers...your the best 

Third place trophy..well that's like kissing your sister. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BR46 said:

But out of all the losers...your the best 

Third place trophy..well that's like kissing your sister. 

He was looking at a trophy from East Palestine, Ohio Pirate's motorcycle club. It poured rain for the entire two hours of the race. There were over two hundred riders in my class and I took second place. I was really proud of that trophy until he said that.

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I'd be pretty proud of a participation trophy, if I was proud to have participated.  Regardless of where I finished. 

My son and I  our family have been doing this for so long that we don't really race for a trophy we race because we enjoy the competition. That second place championship race didn't have any meaning behind it. I have a few trophies that I kept because of the meaning behind it and some I don't care about but had fun racing. 

We are a strange family, some family's get together and watch the big game. We get together to work on motorcycles and go racing. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

He was looking at a trophy from East Palestine, Ohio Pirate's motorcycle club. It poured rain for the entire two hours of the race. There were over two hundred riders in my class and I took second place. I was really proud of that trophy until he said that.

Racing in pouring rain with over 200 racers and coming in second is pretty freaking awesome in my book. Congrats.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, BR46 said:

My son even has one. 

Traveling around 10,000 miles racing, chasing points. It came down to the final race between two guys and who ever won the race won the national championship. My son lost the championship by 1 point. 

Here is part of his second place award. Sitting on the garage floor alone with all the other trophies 

20190724_180532.thumb.jpg.b0057299d43aa14fc006f4123d3c7bd6.jpg

what kind of potato did you take that picture with? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, roadsue said:

So, it’s not really a major award?

I looked at the way the AMA ran this race as a joke. I was warned from other sidecar racers that raced the AMA events in the past that your not going to like it. 

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Hey, you lifted that cup from Waffle Hoose!

I asked the waitress if I could have one. She went and got me a brand new one from the back. 

• Awesome 1