The annual how did you use your extra hour poll

Ralphie

I think I already used it by watching Planet Earth II On Nat Geo from 11-12 last night. Watched part of Islands and most of Mountains except for the part I slept through. That series is standard BBC good stuff, very interesting with spectacular cinematography. The snow leopard one made use of those new motion activated cameras in the Himalayas. Ibyxs are so much fun to watch scampering over steep rock faces. And I never knew that iguanas hunted under water for up to an hour without a breath. And the part aboot snikes chasing hatchling iguanas was incredible. Pretty amazing that those suckers know right from birth that snikes are bad news. :D  Quite a contrast to those helpfess  human babies!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think I already used it by watching Planet Earth II On Nat Geo from 11-12 last night. Watched part of Islands and most of Mountains except for the part I slept through. That series is standard BBC good stuff, very interesting with spectacular cinematography. The snow leopard one made use of those new motion activated cameras in the Himalayas. Ibyxs are so much fun to watch scampering over steep rock faces. And I never knew iguana hunted under water for up to an hour without a breath. And the part aboot snikes chasing hatchling iguanas was incredible. 

Love, love, love that stuff. And I remember those episodes and being amazed at the same things.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I just dreamed my hour away.

I just had more crazy dreams. I was at my old workplace on a bike and had to get home over a toll bridge. I stopped to call my now retired carpool guy but a wood chipper started covering me in sawdust so I had to move a few feet to get out of the spray.  My phone was covered so I used a voice command to call him (on my old work phone which doesn’t have that feature). Then I got a message that he was no longer with the company. Then I was with the current guy and when an annoying song came on the radio I pressed the ! button to be sarcastic but that turned up the volume so I then had to turn it down manually. Have I mentioned how weird dreams are in the last hour or so of sleep? :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

In my work dreams I usually know I’m retired but they make me work anyway. They tell me they really need me. I tell them I don’t have work boots, safety glasses, hard hat any of that stuff. They tell me it will be ok, just be careful.

The safety rules don’t apply to recalled retaared workers. They love that loophole. :D

• Haha 1

I got up and started working on some projects. Amazingly enough my dogs forget to set their clocks because they actually let me sleep in for an extra 15 min this morning before I was brutally attacked with pittbull kisses

I spontaneously woke up early, then ate breakfast a half hour early because my stomach was still on Daylight Savings Time.

I then spent the extra time before the NFL games started (9:30 AM EST game from London) figuring out my probable stock dividends for Q1 2020 because I have a goal to get them to a certain percentage level in "safe" stocks in case I ever financially need to take them instead of reinvesting them.

The details for anyone interested: I decided to add AbbVie (ABBV, 5.7% dividend) to my monthly stock and fund purchases.  I got 1 share of ABBV for every share of Abbott Labs (ABT) I owned when ABBV was spun off in 2013 and it soared from $35 to well over $100 and then partly fell back to being underpriced in the $60's. It's $83 now and still underpriced.  I own it through its DRIP, administered by shareowneronline.com, and there are no fees for buying new stock or reinvesting or cashing-in dividends and you can buy fractional shares to the nearest 1/1000 of a share.  I added AT&T (T, 5.2% dividend) to my portfolio last year when the dividend was over 6%. It hasn't been lowered: it was raised for the 35th consecutive year by 2% in February but AT&T is up 43% this year!  Abbvie's dividend was raised to $4.76 from $4.28 beginning in Feb, the 48th consecutive year its been raised going back to when it was part of Abbott Labs.  I love stocks that have durable competitive advantages, steady long-term growth, and kept increasing their dividends right through the crashes of 1987, 2000-1, and 2008-9 and every year for decades to now!