Well shit. How am I sposed to enjoy my extra hour when it is only 35 degrees oot?

Ralphie

34 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

How many plants do you bring in? 

Just these three. A palm which seems to have suffered the worst from the late bring- in, a UGO ( unidentified growing object, ie I forget what it is), and a flowering plant whose name I also can’t recall at the moment (mandevilla!).  I wonder if I should try to bring in my only surviving pepper plant, but it is very tall. Maybe I will if it survived last night.  Maybe also some begonias. 

4C14ABAC-070D-4BD6-A178-834746A9A7E9.jpeg

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Just these three. A palm which seems to have suffered the worst from the late bring- in, a UGO ( unidentifiable growing object, ie I forget what it is, and a flowering plant whose name I also can’t recall at the moment (mandevilla!).  I wonder if I should try to bring in my only surviving pepper plant, but it is very tall. Maybe I will if it survived last night.  Maybe also some begonias. 

You definitely have a later freeze than I do. We had already had a couple freezes before I started bringing things in and that was a couple weeks ago. The plants I didn’t bring in are very dead now.

Just now, Longjohn said:

You definitely have a later freeze than I do. We had already had a couple freezes before I started bringing things in and that was a couple weeks ago. The plants I didn’t bring in are very dead now.

Yup, we are a zone warmer than you. I can really notice the difference when I cross the central pa mountains.  That pepper plant is VERY tall. I am tempted but my wife would probably have a cow, man!

1 minute ago, Further said:

Could upgrade to a steel soup can   ;)

My problem is the muffler is rotted on one side and they say it can’t be replaced without replacing the whole dang exhaust system, so I was thinking of trying a wrap. Worth a shot I guess. It sure looks like a non- rotted flange on the muffler to me, but I have two professional opinions that my whole system is shot. 

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My problem is the muffler is rotted on one side and they say it can’t be replaced without replacing the whole dang exhaust system, so I was thinking of trying a wrap. Worth a shot I guess. It sure looks like a non- rotted flange on the muffler to me, but I have two professional opinions that my whole system is shot. 

They use a lot of refractory cements in the mill, and also heat resistant  fiber cloth. a coworker probably had 200 pounds of it caked on his exhaust   :D

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was thinking of trying a wrap.

If the hole is accessible and with sufficiently intact material surrounding it, you can pop rivet a small plate in place to cover the existing hole. Make a gasket of something like hi-temp RTV and Bob's your uncle.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Find a welding shop that will replace the muffler and weld it in.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1