Popeyes??? WTF???

Razors Edge

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Just fried chicken, that can be ordered with different degrees of spice.

On their dating profiles, lots of chicks say that "the beach is my happy place".  I think that is kind of messed up, but so be it.  

I think it must be true that in the food world, certain fast food restaurants are the happy place of many folks, each with their adherents.  Something clicks where some customers have fond memories and an imprint is made on impressionable minds.  Maybe Popeye's is a giant leap up on their usual food; it may be the case that many of the zealots have access to only crap to eat, then eat a mid-level fast food sandwich and think it is the whole world and it is the only accessible place they can imagine.

I don't think we should be hard on these people; they probably don't have the exposure to DH-prepared foods or a night out at a fast food chickenery is all that is affordable in their circumstance.  We are not them, they are not us.  We should probably be happy that a simple thing can make them crap themselves with pleasure.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

You may laugh, and I hope this doesn't get this thread closed, but I delayed trying the one in Billings for a long while, as it was part owned by a sleeze ball politician that I did not care for. Chicken is just like burgers, with lots of places with different taste, etc. that cater to people's preferences.  One of our biggest problems in purchasing fried chicken, is finding a place that does not dump the salt shaker on each batch.  Two grocery stores in town have delicatessens with chicken; one is fine and the other is way too salty.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

My wife is a fan of their biscuits.  I like it OK, but the chick fil a spicy chicken sandwich is far superior.

Closest one is 90 miles away. I've been to it once. Stopped at another on a road trip. Both were OK, but I was underwhelmed after all the hoopla over them. 

• Heart 1

In West Virginia there is a chain called Tudors Biscuit World

On RT 19 right by the New River bridge is the queen of the Tudors chain, I've eaten at two Tudors, that was enough to see some consistency issues...

At about 7 or 8 in the morning, a few hours driving under your wheels, the New River Tudors will warm your soul and clog your arteries

The best biscuits I've ever had,...sausage gravy...breakfast pork chops

Old black ladies calling you honey....

Might just call off work and hit the road in the early morn...... 

• Heart 2

While the linked article began to discuss it "To the relief of many, Popeyes announced last week that the hot-commodity sandwich would return November 3. For those who haven’t connected the dots, that’s a Sunday, the day their chicken sandwich rival Chick-fil-A is closed."

What it left out is that Chic-fil-A started with it marketing to celebrate "National Sandwich Day on Nov 3" where Popeyes took the que from the mistake and made sure the sandwich, which sold out instantly when introduced several weeks ago, returned on Nov 3.

HISTORY: 

"The company sent an email this week to some of its loyalty members inviting customers to celebrate with a chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A on Nov. 3, USA Today reported

"Well … this is awkward," Chick-fil-A representatives wrote in a follow-up email Thursday, according to USA Today. "We recently sent an email that included a message about National Sandwich Day, which naturally we were very excited about. … We didn’t realize it falls on Sunday when we are closed. We apologize for the confusion and hope to see you soon (Monday-Saturday)."

On 11/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, Razors Edge said:

On my daily wander, I passed a Popeyes, and the line was out the door and on its way down the block!  All over a chicken sandwich????

What am I missing?

I saw the same thing on Sunday as I returned from a wildlife hike and photo shoot.  While previously heard of the rough, problem plagues (insufficient supply) of their newly introduced sandwich about a month ago, was surprised to see the cars wrapped around Popeyes on a Sunday morning. That is when I learned of the back story with Chik - Fil-A's mis-statement.

14 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You would think they’d have ample “Louisiana Kitchen” style restaurants in Louisiana that this wouldn’t be such a big deal to them.

When people reference “LA” does Louisiana really come to mind for most of the country?

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

WTF? it's fast food.

Stabbing at Popeyes: The authorities in Maryland are searching for an unidentified man who they say killed another man who cut in line for a chicken sandwich.

Right?  
I’m not a big fast food guy (with the exception of Del Taco) but my son used to play night games at a field that had a Chic FIL A nearby.  That was a tasty sandwich but I ain’t wrecking my car or shanking somebody for it.

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Right?  
I’m not a big fast food guy (with the exception of Del Taco) but my son used to play night games at a field that had a Chic FIL A nearby.  That was a tasty sandwich but I ain’t wrecking my car or shanking somebody for it.

We have a McDs, Quiznos, Subway, and a Wendy's, but that might be it for fast food. I can't eat the stuff.

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Right?  

Well, would you drive to the other LA?

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

But if you had a Del Taco chicken burrito you would eat that right!?!?

Never been to Del Taco, but I am starving right now so yes I would eat it!!!

Local Butcher shop has a great grab and go breakfast and lunch but they closed for the off season. It's possible I could die before the work day is over if I don't get some food.

Just now, dennis said:

Never been to Del Taco, but I am starving right now so yes I would eat it!!!

Local Butcher shop has a great grab and go breakfast and lunch but they closed for the off season. It's possible I could die before the work day is over if I don't get some food.

It’s a SoCal chain (maybe AZ & NV too) and as fast food goes is pretty decent. Way better quality than Taco Bell with no gimmicky items like Doritos tacos.  
Not quiet as good as a hoLE  in the wall Mexican place but pretty damn close and we have lots of them here.