Hardwood or bamboo flooring ?

Further

We have engineered wood in our front room, hall and master bedroom. We’ve had it for 8 year and love it! Feels like wood because it is, but installs like a laminate. 
I have heard very good things about bamboo. Tempted to try it in a bedroom we plan to refinish this winter. 

Bamboo is nice. We bought 3/4 inch plank style and it is not as durable as I had hoped. It scratches easy. If I could do it again with more cash, I would have done old school oak slats. We have had our bamboo for 13 years now. Possibly, we are just hard on our floors. I have it in our kitchen and it looks very nice but the spot where I cook and drop things there are gouges and scratches. Some of our chairs have left damage too, despite using those felt pads and such. Time and abuse, I guess. It’s a green option supposedly. 

Vinyl plank.

Both are sustainable to water damage, despite claims. 

My experience with Bamboo, since it is softer, it tends to gouged and damaged easier.  So given the choice between the two, I'd go hardwood as I think it will last and hold up better in the long run.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Further said:

If you have experience with both, voice your opinion, please

Can both be "refinished"?  I remember back in the day you could strip and sand hardwoods and then make them look good as new 50/75/100+ years after they were installed.  Is that still the case?

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Can both be "refinished"?  I remember back in the day you could strip and sand hardwoods and then make them look good as new 50/75/100+ years after they were installed.  Is that still the case?

You can strip bamboo, but you cannot refinish it. If you strip it, you get the natural bamboo finish.

Anyway, @Further, we put down bamboo 5-6 years ago.  Absolutely love it. It’s beautiful and durable.