Average annual snowfall?

BuffJim

https://www.weather.gov/fwd/dmosnow

Based on that information, Dallas has received 310 inches of snow since 1898, which averages out to 2.54 inches per year.   We have had very few years( 5 total) that hit double digits of snow, but they really skewed that average upward.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We get the national average in snow at 28” a year. That’s why it’s good to live south of I-80, as North of that line the lake effect kicks in, resulting in 100” in Erie just two hours away.

I lived just outside of Edinboro and there the average is 111'  and just south of there Meadville is 75".  Corry in the SE corner of Erie County is 143 inches.  The snow belt is interesting there.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I lived just outside of Edinboro and there the average is 111'  and just south of there Meadville is 75".  Corry in the SE corner of Erie County is 143 inches.  The snow belt is interesting there.

I am exactly 1 hour south of I-80, and that makes all the difference! Now, I do have a bunch of hills due to our river valleys, so that makes even moderate snows more annoying.

All I can say is that I must have missed a lot of winters where it didn't snow.  A couple of years ago we were pushing for 100" on a 35" average.  Wildly erotic.

On the other hand, I'm south of the snow belt line through CT from southwest to northeast so sometimes we get little and the northern part of the state gets a lot more.