TIB

Digital_photog

It will be shipped from harbor Springs, MI Thursday.  I have been looking at different trail groomers since i made the agreement with our county park department to groom 6 miles of multi-use trail for  fat bikes, snowshoes, classic and skate style xc skiing and sled dogs.  My home built groomer worked but It wasn't great. Also took more passes on the trail to get a good surface.  Now I want all of you to get your dancing shoes on and do a snow dance for us. I want to groom more than twice this winter like I did last winter.  I had been grooming at 4 inches of snow but the park grooms at 6 so we won't be starting as quick.

sno-master-48-low-rear-view.thumb.jpg.505885df4b809b2dcda610beb72c63e8.jpg

snow-master-48-front-view.thumb.jpg.edc83c50793c37e32ee0677367eb3f77.jpg

snow-master-48-left-side-close-up.thumb.jpg.f4a68efae283be376d5faf5f971779c7.jpg

snow-master-48-rear-view.thumb.jpg.390adf9a187e0cf14b8deb021cac733d.jpg

Sno-master 48

I will be pulling it with my ATV with tracks.

Plan is that it will also be going to Mohawk, Michigan with me a couple weeks this winter.  I will be spending some time there training the dogs for the Jack Pine 30 race.

While we are on that subject who is coming to Gwinn, MI to handle dogs for me at the race on February 15?  I could be persuaded  to buy that kind person a beer or 2.   Does anyone here even know where Gwinn is located? I'm thinking the person with the she shed may have an idea.  @smudge

http://www.up200.org/

• Heart 4

1 minute ago, wilbur said:

Grooming for snow shoes?  

The ones doing snowshoe racing want groomed trails.  For me snowshoes are wood and rawhide with lampwick bindings. Those people use aluminum and plastic contraptions not much larger than their feet.  I think they have a mental problem.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Digital_photog said:

The ones doing snowshoe racing want groomed trails.  For me snowshoes are wood and rawhide with lampwick bindings. Those people use aluminum and plastic contraptions not much larger than their feet.  I think they have a mental problem.

Oh, thank god.  I was about to remove you from the man's man list. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilbur said:

Oh, thank god.  I was about to remove you from the man's man list. 

In case you are wondering these are snowshoes. I took them along that time because 8 to 10 inches of snow was forecast.  We only got 4 inches so they weren't even needed.  

20171208_162703.jpg.9a77081433ee4bfe2267501e5b93913e.jpg

This time was better.

27654762_10215335279045414_7642190571184733819_ncrop.jpg.cdc7131efad4a0a302ea4e77e2898ab1.jpg

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

Does anyone here even know where Gwinn is located? I'm thinking the person with the she shed may have an idea.  @smudge

While snowmobiling we used to stay at the Red Fox Inn (previous Gwinn air force base housing) before they closed it. We used to rent a warm, comfortable one bedroom apartment for $69 per night. :nodhead:

Order a steak at The Up North Lodge for me. http://www.theupnorthlodge.com/   :wub:

I'd go, but I cant find the road to Gwinn. ;)

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

While snowmobiling we used to stay at the Red Fox Inn (previous Gwinn air force base housing) before they closed it. We used to rent a warm, comfortable one bedroom apartment for $69 per night. :nodhead:

Order a steak at The Up North Lodge for me. http://www.theupnorthlodge.com/   :wub:

Do I need to rethink my plan to race the Jack Pine 30?

35 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Do I need to rethink my plan to race the Jack Pine 30?

I love the UP and the Gwinn area. :nodhead: My hope though is to be in Land O'lakes in northern Wisconsin the first weekend in February to catch the Three Bear Dog Races. Our snowmo club up there helps out with the races. I'm usually helping out as a road crossing guard if and when I can make it up. Finding a room nearby has gotten harder as the races have become more popular though, and all our friends that moved up there have moved back south. :(   

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

I love the UP and the Gwinn area. :nodhead: My hope though is to be in Land O'lakes in northern Wisconsin the first weekend in February to catch the Three Bear Dog Races. Our snowmo club up there helps out with the races. I'm usually helping out as a road crossing guard if and when I can make it up. Finding a room nearby has gotten harder as the races have become more popular though, and all our friends that moved up there have moved back south. :(   

I plan to be in Northwest Wisconsin (north of Birchwood) the end of January and first weekend of February. Winter camping and training runs. Second weekend will be back in Indiana then heading for Gwinn mid-week for the race Saturday Feb 15.

2 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I plan to be in Northwest Wisconsin (north of Birchwood) the end of January and first weekend of February. Winter camping and training runs. Second weekend will be back in Indiana then heading for Gwinn mid-week for the race Saturday Feb 15.

If that wasn't two-three hours away, I'd meet you for a beer. :(

15 hours ago, team scooter said:

Steak??!!!! No, no, no. You go to the Up North Lodge for ribs! Everybody knows that! :D

• Awesome 1

16 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

It will be shipped from harbor Springs, MI Thursday.  I have been looking at different trail groomers since i made the agreement with our county park department to groom 6 miles of multi-use trail for  fat bikes, snowshoes, classic and skate style xc skiing and sled dogs.  My home built groomer worked but It wasn't great. Also took more passes on the trail to get a good surface.  Now I want all of you to get your dancing shoes on and do a snow dance for us. I want to groom more than twice this winter like I did last winter.  I had been grooming at 4 inches of snow but the park grooms at 6 so we won't be starting as quick.

sno-master-48-low-rear-view.thumb.jpg.505885df4b809b2dcda610beb72c63e8.jpg

snow-master-48-front-view.thumb.jpg.edc83c50793c37e32ee0677367eb3f77.jpg

snow-master-48-left-side-close-up.thumb.jpg.f4a68efae283be376d5faf5f971779c7.jpg

snow-master-48-rear-view.thumb.jpg.390adf9a187e0cf14b8deb021cac733d.jpg

Sno-master 48

I will be pulling it with my ATV with tracks.

Plan is that it will also be going to Mohawk, Michigan with me a couple weeks this winter.  I will be spending some time there training the dogs for the Jack Pine 30 race.

While we are on that subject who is coming to Gwinn, MI to handle dogs for me at the race on February 15?  I could be persuaded  to buy that kind person a beer or 2.   Does anyone here even know where Gwinn is located? I'm thinking the person with the she shed may have an idea.  @smudge

http://www.up200.org/

Hmmmmmmmmmm......