A dog attacked my daughter

Chris...

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

5A41499D-D57E-4C88-8470-F5D9917990E8.thumb.jpeg.41e40cbd54bdc6187229c08e946a05a7.jpeg

Dogs used to terrorize me on rides decades ago. I LOVE invisible fences.  My only bite was many  years ago when a Great Dane nipped me on the ass. His head was right at bike seat level. :D

I will always remember the color blue merle since that was the color the cop said it was when I called to verify it had its rabies shot. When I first talked to the cop he seemed miffed and asked me what I wanted to do aboot it. I was miffed that he was miffed and said at least find oot its rabies status which at least he did (AFAIK). 

10 minutes ago, Chris... said:

We have not talked about the fate of the dog with the owner. We want to get all of the medical bills paid first. 

We can’t take ruby anywhere a relative’s dog will be because she injured her once. Ruby can be annoying to other dogs and it is a big strong dog, generally good-natured and it was just a quick nip but there is no way we can take the chance. 

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Dogs have a good memory, one good shot with a .22 and that dog doesn’t give you anymore trouble.

FIFY

I have always had a one bite rule.  One bite from one of my dogs and it is done.  I understand defending a food bowl and a defensive nip under other occasions but outside of that and no dog is worth it.

• Awesome 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

FIFY

I have always had a one bite rule.  One bite from one of my dogs and it is done.  I understand defending a food bowl and a defensive nip under other occasions but outside of that and no dog is worth it.

When I was a teen our otherwise very docile dog bit at my arm because I was too close to a ham on the counter, but thankfully I was wearing a winter coat.  Also thankfully he never did anything like that again.

My Aussie was so damn protective we had to keep her on a very short lead when we took her out as I just didn’t trust her. She lunged at kids that came too close to us or our kids at the park but never actually bit anyone.  
I did get bit twice by our K9’s, once my fault once the handlers fault. The second bite resulted in several punctures on my left ass cheek.  I had a hot .45 in my hand and it was all I could do not to shoot that fucker. 
We also responded to a 911 call. I was the follow unit and the responding officer couldn’t get to the door due to a very large & angry dog in the yard.   I started banging on the chain link fence away from the door  to get his attention on me while the other officer went to the door. The moment he knocked on the door the dog broke for him!  He was going to shoot it but I was in his line of fire so he pulled his PR and with a perfect back hand swing drilled it across the head just as it was lunging for him.  It sounded like a major league line drive and looked odd. Like the dogs head stood still and the body rotated 360 degrees around the head.

Person came out to see the commotion, dog is dead on the ground and he looked at the officer and just said, dude, you killed my dog!?!!  Yeah we had a 911 call... I didn’t call 911? Find out his elderly mom dialed by mistake... OK well good luck with that..

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Chris... said:

I have no idea. That’s the scary thing.  The dog is still alive as far as I know. Illinois does not have a one bite law, meaning it could be put down if animal control decides it’s a threat. 

I am more than a little surprised that a communist state like IL doesn’t have a mandatory reporting law for the ER. . 

12 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Forget the aggressive dog, do they make an owner repellant? Preventative conditioning to keep their poorly trained aggressive dog away for the general public in the first place.

I saw what it did to a Rottweiler that was trying to eat me, I would guess it would be effective on humans as well.