Rejected

BR46

My credit card was rejected when I tried to use it today. It seems that the credit card company froze my card because of suspensions changes. 

Someone in Michigan tried to change....$46.10 on November 8 at a gas station. 

I just spent the last hour on hold. 

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

My credit card was rejected when I tried to use it today. It seems that the credit card company froze my card because of suspensions changes. 

I didn’t think they would notice.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BR46 said:

They should put a permanent hold on the card while they send you one with a new 16 digit number.

Two years ago I had a suspicious $0.97 charge on August 12th - while I was in Florida / Caribbean - and assumed it was some snack I bought and forgot about. Then there was $1.13 on September 12th.  It was from a charge made to HULU - movie rentals.  I called the card company and was told that's how some thieves start - little charges to see if you'll note. They issued me a new card with a new number and forgave the charges.

I called HULU to make sure I wasn't listed as owing something when the old card wouldn't work anymore and they told me that my name and expiration date weren't even associated with the card!  The card company paid it anyway!  So I made sure they cancelled the card # - which I'm guessing was due to a 1 digit mistake, not intended thievery - and then called the card company and raised holy hell that they'd ok a charge to me when my name wasn't even ID'd.

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

They should put a permanent hold on the card while they send you one with a new 16 digit number.

Two years ago I had a suspicious $0.97 charge on August 12th - while I was in Florida / Caribbean - and assumed it was some snack I bought and forgot about. Then there was $1.13 on September 12th.  It was from a charge made to HULU - movie rentals.  I called the card company and was told that's how some thieves start - little charges to see if you'll note. They issued me a new card with a new number and forgave the charges.

I called HULU to make sure I wasn't listed as owing something when the old card wouldn't work anymore and they told me that my name and expiration date weren't even associated with the card!  The card company paid it anyway!  So I made sure they cancelled the card # - which I'm guessing was due to a 1 digit mistake, not intended thievery - and then called the card company and raised holy hell that they'd ok a charge to me when my name wasn't even ID'd.

The card is shut off and a new card is on the way. 

It looks like they charged a dollar for gas and a short time later charged $ 45.10 to my card. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I can go you one better, Mick. We got a fraudulent charge on my card while I was in the hospital in Phoenix getting stents placed. The charge was in Atlanta...for $100 at a Krispy Kream.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I think it was a inside job. The gas station in Michigan where the fraud happened is owned by the same corporation that owns the one a  few blocks from my house where I buy most of my gas. 

You need to have a very detailed conversation with the manager and maybe the managers boss...

• Heart 1