My wife got a new job.

shotgun

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Maybe the RN can follow her to the new place at some point in time.

I don't know why she stays.

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

Sounds like the boss is tough to work for. Feel bad for the nurse left behind. Stupid boss!

Very. And I think her boss (the bosses boss) just turns a blind eye to it.

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Is the CB the owner?

Not by a long shot. It's a local health system conglomerate. 

5 minutes ago, shotgun said:

Yep, she's going to miss the RN and feels bad for leaving her with more work until she gets replaced.

My wife had a great job with a great company. Until a manager got transferred in from another dept.  Some friends warned her that she was bounced out of another dept & was a complete beotch.  

She initially befriended my wife while she turned on the other two people in her dept. She then started into my wife.  She went to HR as she had valid complaints and later requested a transfer.  She finally had enough and left.  Her boss treated her like a traitor for leaving.

Some months later HR asked her if she wanted to return to her old job with no loss in tenure. My wife said no way no how was she going to work for that person.  Oh yeah well you didn’t hear this from us but she’s been fired...  She still opted not to return.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My wife had a great job with a great company. Until a manager got transferred in from another dept.  Some friends warned her that she was bounced out of another dept & was a complete beotch.  

She initially befriended my wife while she turned on the other two people in her dept. She then started into my wife.  She went to HR as she had valid complaints and later requested a transfer.  She finally had enough and left.  Her boss treated her like a traitor for leaving.

Some months later HR asked her if she wanted to return to her old job with no loss in tenure. My wife said no way no how was she going to work for that person.  Oh yeah well you didn’t hear this from us but she’s been fired...  She still opted not to return.

If it will make her feel better, Jerry can buy her flowers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Congrats on the new job!  The old place will get over it...

If that's the case, best to get out. WoW is in a similar fix. She does scheduling for medical procedures. She schedules more than the rest of her team combined! She is the best paid on the team, but the corporation really doesn't compensate what she is worth. A couple team mates who left have shared openings in better places. But she feels a sense of obligation to those there. I don't get it. I'm not real fond of anyone still there. 

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Didn't she go through some wild crap with her boss and her direct manager a while back?  Was that her, or am I thinking of someone else?

Four years ago, the office manager where she worked got busted for embezzling over $300k, while also cashing in on exorbitant amounts of vacation time and cutting other worker's hours. That place has been a slowly sinking ship ever since. My wife bailed out of there in April of this year when she was approached for another job. The green grass there turned out to be over the septic system. We're crossing our fingers for the new place!

• Heart 3

• 4 years later...
On 3/7/2024 at 10:14 AM, Randomguy said:

Did she ever start her new job?

She did. I think that was the Orthopaedic office. She left there because those doctors were dicks. She's back at the place where the embezzling happened. She likes that job, but keeps trying to find something better.  :)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Womaxx left one job when the lawyer she was working for told her "If I'm not here the gun is in the top drawer of my desk if it hits the fan".

Was his name Saul?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, shotgun said:

She did. I think that was the Orthopaedic office. She left there because those doctors were dicks. She's back at the place where the embezzling happened. She likes that job, but keeps trying to find something better.  :)

Well that's an O'Henry-esque ending I didn't see coming!

Tookme up to a few posts ago to realize this was a dredge. Crazy bitch bosses are a real thing incorporate Amurrica. :( 

I was stunned when I got to my current location 12 years ago at what people had to put up with one, because I had never seen a thing close to that bad in decades of working.  This was a similar story.  They finally transferred the CB to another location, where she left a similar trail of deatruction until they finally wised up and transferred her to a non-supervisory position, and we think she recently retaared. Her replacement is doing very well. He said he was going to do exactly the opposite of what she did and that had worked oot very well for all involved. :)

• Heart 1