Heat for The Shed, need input

smudge

I didn't expect this thing to be this "big"; it was supposed to be a little 6x6 shed. Then I started having fun with it!

I enjoy working on it and just having something I built. So I need to heat it for the cold months. Not continuously like a home, but I want to be able to walk in to a warm shelter. 

I currently have a Mr. Heater Big Buddy in there. Now that I've closed up some air loss areas and added some insulation, the Mr. Heater does a decent job. But it goes through a lot of propane....I think. I was thinking of getting a 100# tank from the place that refills the pig we have for camp. They can refill it when we need a refill for the pig. 

I'm wondering if there is a way to get a small wood burning stove for my small space. I think most of the expense would be in the piping. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. 

I got to camp the other day and while the propane heater was warming up I burned some frozen food boxes in the garage burner. Instant heat! And lots of it! Yes, I know how to work a wood stove. I'm just not sure I can find a small set-up for the shed. 

I have been eyeing up the Survivor Cub Stove, but I'm still not sure.

Cub stove

6 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I am beginning to worry about CO poisoning in this place. First of all, the vents are closed. Now we want a 'burner' in there. You should be very careful to ensure the place is vented or else use an electric heater.

I was about to ask if she had a cm meter and a fire alarm. Shirley my Shero is all equipped.

14 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I am beginning to worry about CO poisoning in this place. First of all, the vents are closed. Now we want a 'burner' in there. You should be very careful to ensure the place is vented or else use an electric heater.

CO poisoning is real and insidious.

So says this person who worked for the provincial fire marshal's office for over a decade....local fire depts. go on their campaign on CO monitors, etc.  

Smudge we want you to wake up...not sleep forever.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I wouldn't use either the one smudge or longjohn posted in a tent. The one Smudge posted is a quality stove but too heavy for my use.  May be good for the she shed.  The one longjohn posted is cheap quality and I wouldn't use it anywhere.

I posted both of them.

1 minute ago, wilbur said:

OK @smudge, I had a stroke of genius.  

How about a small water heater in the shed?   It would keep the shed warm and provide water for a bike bath.   :) 

And heat it with solar.