What series are you watching?

Mr. Silly

6 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Gold Rush. 

Used to watch that, it was interesting for awhile just seeing how they do things and the amount of efforts they go through, but found it got repetitive after awhile.  But I'd love to hang with Tony Beets for awhile, he always seemed like he would be a really interesting dude with some great stories.

48 minutes ago, Indy said:

Used to watch that, it was interesting for awhile just seeing how they do things and the amount of efforts they go through, but found it got repetitive after awhile.  But I'd love to hang with Tony Beets for awhile, he always seemed like he would be a really interesting dude with some great stories.

Oh hell yea. There is a new spin off from a few seasons ago. Fred and his son “the Dakota boys” are mining in creeks. They dive and use dredges to suck up material. It’s pretty cool. Called gold rush white water. 

I like the past 2 seasons. It’s neat to see different operations. Parker has a huge operation, Rick has split from him and is just starting his own small operation and Tony is trying to get both old dredges running. Pretty cool stuff. 

I find it quite interesting how Parker has come from a small little claim to owning his own big industry on his own land. 

I do wish that they would give you real numbers. Like Parker mines 6,000 ounces of gold worth 8 million, but after paying off crew, royalties, fuel, etc how much money did he actually make?  That would be cool to know. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Oh hell yea. There is a new spin off from a few seasons ago. Fred and his son “the Dakota boys” are mining in creeks. They dive and use dredges to suck up material. It’s pretty cool. Called gold rush white water. 

I like the past 2 seasons. It’s neat to see different operations. Parker has a huge operation, Rick has split from him and is just starting his own small operation and Tony is trying to get both old dredges running. Pretty cool stuff. 

I find it quite interesting how Parker has come from a small little claim to owning his own big industry on his own land. 

I do wish that they would give you real numbers. Like Parker mines 6,000 ounces of gold worth 8 million, but after paying off crew, royalties, fuel, etc how much money did he actually make?  That would be cool to know. 

Yeah, their is a lot of stuff that they don't show giving you the full story.  With Tony, the dredges are kind of his play thing and no where near close to his real operation as I understand it.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I have a fire stick, so i can stream amazon, but I don't subscribe to netflix.  I've yet to stream anything or binge watch any series.

Maybe you can load your fire thing to @smudge to heat her she-shed.

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeah, their is a lot of stuff that they don't show giving you the full story.  With Tony, the dredges are kind of his play thing and no where near close to his real operation as I understand it.

Oh I have no doubt.  I think it's pretty cool how he uses all of these old machines to make money.  He's like @RalphWaldoMooseworth.  He will NEVER buy any new shit.  

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Maybe you can load your fire thing to @smudge to heat her she-shed.

Oh I have no doubt.  I think it's pretty cool how he uses all of these old machines to make money.  He's like @RalphWaldoMooseworth.  He will NEVER buy any new shit.  

I will eventually, I am just on the extended petite plan. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

But starting to day, will probably be watching The Mandalorian

Give us a review on the Mandalorian.  Is it dropping all at once or week by week?

I just finished season 2 of Stranger Things.  Still fun.  Wife and I will likely drop into the Great British Bake Off Holiday shows and maybe the most recent season. 

Been randomly watching Love Death & Robots shorts on Netflix.  10-15 min short episodes.

Now that Disney+ started, it will be interesting to see what they end up bringing to the table beyond just the Marvel and SW and Disney movies. I saw all the SW movies are now 4k streaming, so that might be a trend Disney is able to spread across the Marvel films too????

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Give us a review on the Mandalorian.  Is it dropping all at once or week by week?

I just finished season 2 of Stranger Things.  Still fun.  Wife and I will likely drop into the Great British Bake Off Holiday shows and maybe the most recent season. 

Been randomly watching Love Death & Robots shorts on Netflix.  10-15 min short episodes.

Now that Disney+ started, it will be interesting to see what they end up bringing to the table beyond just the Marvel and SW and Disney movies. I saw all the SW movies are now 4k streaming, so that might be a trend Disney is able to spread across the Marvel films too????

Installed the app this morning before I left for work and just took a quick glance.  Pretty impressive opening offering, but didn't have much time other than a quick browse.

Looks like they are basically dropping a new episode a week though some episodes are scheduled to drop sooner than 7 days and some a little later.

Just now, Indy said:

Installed the app this morning before I left for work and just took a quick glance.  Pretty impressive opening offering, but didn't have much time other than a quick browse.

Looks like they are basically dropping a new episode a week though some episodes are scheduled to drop sooner than 7 days and some a little later.

Keep us informed :) I will wait until it has any issues resolved and I hear that it is worth it. But Mandalorian seems neat.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Keep us informed :) I will wait until it has any issues resolved and I hear that it is worth it. But Mandalorian seems neat.

If you like movies, I think it will be worth it.  I have a feeling Disney will be quick to release movies to their platform first as that will drive up subscriptions.  Just hope it doesn't drive up the price to badly, though I got locked in for a couple years at an early introductory price.  Can't remember how much it worked out to be, but I know it was low enough that I quickly jumped on and prepaid for at least two years.

51 minutes ago, Indy said:

49 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You will like it.  I watched episode 1 this morning.  This week there will be 2 as #2 comes out on Friday.  The next schedule change is the week the next Star Wars movie hits the theaters.  That week the show will be released on Wednesday so as to free up all the fanaddicts for a Friday movie debut.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

After two episodes I'm thinking that the Mandalorian needs to be more than "Bounty Hunter walking".

Are you saying it is not going well already or that the full story & universe development has yet to show up?  Remember, some of us are waiting to invest our time until we know there is a good reason to watch it. You're our greatest hope for us to be able to make the right viewing decision.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Are you saying it is not going well already or that the full story & universe development has yet to show up?  Remember, some of us are waiting to invest our time until we know there is a good reason to watch it. You're our greatest hope for us to be able to make the right viewing decision.

Then you are in trouble.  I'll watch the show because it has the full force of the Star War's productions behind it.  I can't tell you if you will like it or not.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Then you are in trouble.  I'll watch the show because it has the full force of the Star War's productions behind it.  I can't tell you if you will like it or not.

:frantics:

Two episodes in and you seemed to be complaining. BUT you might just be hoping things change to something bigger/broader? Or, you think "Bounty Hunter walking" will evolve soon?

Maybe @Indy can give us his early thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Two episodes in and you seemed to be complaining. BUT you might just be hoping things change to something bigger/broader? Or, you think "Bounty Hunter walking" will evolve soon?

That might be a true statement. BUT it might not be.

I would be pleased it certain aspects of the videography were modified.

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  That darn kid thing really screws up my plans to watch stuff on TV.

Just now, Indy said:

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  That darn kid thing really screws up my plans to watch stuff on TV.

You have time, but don't wait too long. Maxx is proving to be lax in his TV reviews, so we need someone else to step up.  I think that's you or maybe @late?

Also, a general review of the new service would be neat once it has had a chance to work out the early challenges.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

You have time, but don't wait too long. Maxx is proving to be lax in his TV reviews, so we need someone else to step up.  I think that's you or maybe @late?

Also, a general review of the new service would be neat once it has had a chance to work out the early challenges.

The service is fine.  One needs an intelligent audience to provide an intelligent review and so far not enough people other than yourself have responded.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

or maybe @late?

Not sure my tastes will coincide with this crowd. I binged Lucifer 3 1/2 times.

As a rule, I don't like cop shows. But if you take the genre into the absurd (like lucifer, grimm, battle creek, etc) then I love it.

I've suggested people watch shows like Piece of Cake what seems like a hundred times, I doubt anyone has. Don't get me wrong, it's your loss, it doesn't get my panties in a bunch.

But it does illustrate the limits of my relevance here.

Speaking of which, I just started What Hath God Wrought, the Pulitzer Prize winning history of the American era of 1815-1844. It is superb.

https://www.amazon.com/What-Hath-God-Wrought-Transformation/dp/0195392434/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3U0I1UF60F13U&keywords=what+hath+god+wrought+the+transformation+of+america+1815-1848&qid=1573832826&sprefix=what+hath%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-1

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The service is fine.  One needs an intelligent audience to provide an intelligent review and so far not enough people other than yourself have responded.

Draw the intelligent folks out.  I'm a relative SW enthusiast, but definitely not a hardcore one.  I am really worried the final movie in the current trilogy is going to fall super flat (like the first two so far).  I did like the two others - Solo and the standalone one - but there is soooo much SW stuff out there with the cartoons and this new Mandalorian, I am hoping one will really shine.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What does that mean?

Good question.

Star Trek is optimistic. This plays out at every level, even the way lighting is handled. Discovery is dark everywhere ST is light. That's inversion.

"Star Trek: Discovery is a stupid show about boring people. Or, perhaps, a boring show about stupid people – it’s impossible to tell where the irrational behaviour ends and idiotic writing begins.

When you watch Discovery, you enter a strange frontier of reckless planning, arbitrary motivation and ludicrous conduct...

Most conspicuously, it isn’t Star Trek. It bears only the most tenuous relationship to the five earlier Star Trek shows and 13 Star Trek motion pictures, and in fact seems at times actively hostile to their legacy and spirit."

https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/television/why-star-trek-discovery-is-a-betrayal-to-the-franchise

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Draw the intelligent folks out.  I'm a relative SW enthusiast, but definitely not a hardcore one.  I am really worried the final movie in the current trilogy is going to fall super flat (like the first two so far).  I did like the two others - Solo and the standalone one - but there is soooo much SW stuff out there with the cartoons and this new Mandalorian, I am hoping one will really shine.

My comment really was on videography, not the story.  There are too many shots of him walking.  The music plays to his walking.  He plods, to keep time with the music.  When he stops walking then the show gets interesting and people (and critters)  die.  What's not to like.

3 minutes ago, groupw said:

I’m on Season 3 of The Man in the High Castle. 

We watched the 1st episode of The Man in the High Castle.  I liked it but Mrs. Silly didn't which mean I'm not allowed to enjoy it.  Is it worth sneaking into the cellar at 1 am to watch without her knowing?  

3 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

We watched the 1st episode of The Man in the High Castle.  I liked it but Mrs. Silly didn't which mean I'm not allowed to enjoy it.  Is it worth sneaking into the cellar at 1 am to watch without her knowing?  

It is worth watching. WoW was slow to like it. She still doesn't like it as much as I, but she will watch bits and pieces. I enjoy history. And while it is not true history, the suppositions and extrapolations are fun and interesting. 

I just saw the beginning of the 1st episode of Season 1 (2019) of Netflix's "Sex Education," but didn't stay at my friend's house to watch it all.  An English actress whose real name is Aimee Wood has a sex scene within a few minutes of the beginning and has the most amazing perfectly shaped tits I've ever seen.  That's probably why they were displayed at the beginning of Episode 1.

I think there are 8 episodes from Season 1 that has concluded and Season 2 will premier next Spring.

If I find the time, I may have to watch a few episodes unless that was a one-and-done tease.