TWB

team scooter

This morning we discovered that our 17 year old refrigerator had stopped working. Rather then fix it, Mrs decided we should replace it with a new one in that newer Black Stainless color. While at our local appliance place, Mrs was checking out the new Samsung fridges and I was checking out the over the range microwaves. Ours has been making a loud racket while in use. Mrs decided it didn't make sense to have a white stove with a new Black Stainless fridge and a new Black Stainless over the range microwave without a new matching stove. Besides her mother would just LOVE our old stove. So I said half jokingly to the salesman to give me a reason to replace our last kitchen appliance left, our noisy old dishwasher. He said that if we get a Samsung dishwasher with another Samsung appliance we'd get a rebate. "Write it all up before we change our minds!" So with the early bird black Friday discounts and rebates, we saved well over $1000 dollars. And Mrs gets all new Samsung kitchen appliances in her favorite color. It all gets delivered and install sometime next week. We're fridge-less until then. Good thing with this cold weather its 38 degrees out in the garage. :nodhead:

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Your cabinets are going to look shabby with all those new shiny gadgets and dont' get me started on the disgrace that you call countertops.....

I always wonder what the neighbors will think about the new kitchen with the old cars still in the garage/driveway!  Time to step up and see what 2020 vehicles are on the lot!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Further said:

How's the floor looking ?

For sure new living room carpeting before Christmas. The house is over 20 years old and the original builder's grade appliances, flooring, plumbing and electrical fixtures are all nearing the end of their life cycles. The stove is spoken for, but if anyone needs a fridge that needs a $700 compressor, or a noisy dishwasher that sucks at washing dishes or a microwave that sounds like a train wreck every time you turn it on, its yours. Come pick it up before the guys take them away next week.  ;)