Steelers and Browns Thursday night

Dottleshead

Just now, Road Runner said:

I find that football and other sports on TV is sometimes improved when I hit the mute button.  I wish they had an option where you could hear the crowd noise, but not the announcers.  

Exactly! I don't need them to tell me what I just saw. I would love to hear the stadium though.

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It’s not good.

Ok, Rudolph had it coming to him, at least a lot of it.  What a dumbshit dickhead instigatory action on his part to start trying to pull Garret’s hat off, then get his own hat ripped  off, then to continue to go after the much bigger and obviously triggered defensive end hatless. 

Garret shouldn’t have hit him with the helmet, but realistically, if someone starts shit then gets it finished for them, the starter doesn’t have all that much room to bitch. 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, Rudolph had it coming to him, at least a lot of it.  What a dumbshit dickhead instigatory action on his part to start trying to pull Garret’s hat off, then get his own hat ripped  off, then to continue to go after the much bigger and obviously triggered defensive end hatless. 

Garret shouldn’t have hit him with the helmet, but realistically, if someone starts shit then gets it finished for them, the starter doesn’t have all that much room to bitch. 

"instigatory action" RG you are a moran.

Garret took several steps after Rudolph released the ball and then hit him.  Garret then took him to the ground. And then wrestled with him.  I count 3..... 3 personal fouls right there.  Then when Rudolph grabs the back of Garret's helmet in an attempt to defend himself from the unwarranted attack Garret jumps up and grabs Rudolph by the face mask and pulls him up - I now count 4 personal fouls on the idiot.  He then attacks Rudolph with his own helmet - hitting him on the top of the head.  My personal foul count is now at 5, all in less than 5 seconds

RG you are a moran.

You have some of that poop smelling Cleveland brown on your shoes.  Actually you are standing in it up to your knees.

instigatory action?

• Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

"instigatory action" RG you are a moran.

Garret took several steps after Rudolph released the ball and then hit him.  Garret then took him to the ground. And then wrestled with him.  I count 3..... 3 personal fouls right there.  Then when Rudolph grabs the back of Garret's helmet in an attempt to defend himself from the unwarranted attack Garret jumps up and grabs Rudolph by the face mask and pulls him up - I now count 4 personal fouls on the idiot.  He then attacks Rudolph with his own helmet - hitting him on the top of the head.  My personal foul count is now at 5, all in less than 5 seconds

RG you are a moran.

You have some of that poop smelling Cleveland brown on your shoes.  Actually you are standing in it up to your knees.

instigatory action?

Is it hard to see through a one way mirror while wearing Steelers colored glasses?  

Rudolph was in the grasp of Garrett when he threw the ball and was on the way to the ground

Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off as Garrett was trying to stand up.

Everything that happened after that rests squarely at the feet of Garrett and he should be heavily  fined and suspended for a very long time but to say it was unprovoked on the part of Garrett is foolish at best.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Then the league would be down to an odd number of teams.  Maybe we could just find a city outside of Ohio that needs a pro team and start afresh there???

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I say Dallas should be Nominated

I second this.

Kzoo, you are an even bigger PRI-infested moran, the reindeer didn’t like getting hit, then stupidly thought he could somehow rough up Garret and pull his helmet off to more effectively do that. Dumb move, red nose or not. 

Rudolph started the really stupid stuff and got an education about why he is dumb, plus a physics primer and a headbop to bring the point home. 

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Kzoo, you are an even bigger PRI-infested moran, the reindeer didn’t like getting hit, then stupidly thought he could somehow rough up Garret and pull his helmet off to more effectively do that. Dumb move, red nose or not. 

Rudolph started the really stupid stuff and got an education about why he is dumb, plus a physics primer and a headbop to bring the point home. 

Image result for little bunny foo foo gif

I didn’t watch the game so what instigated the action is a little lost to me but... The moment Garret swung the helmet he really screwed up.  All the talk is on suspensions & how long, how about criminal charges.  That could be charged as Assault with a deadly weapon which is a felony in CA.

I would like to see a 16 game (one full season) for that.  How freaking stupid do you have to be to swing a helmet at another player.  I can’t ever recall seeing something like that.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I didn’t watch the game so what instigated the action is a little lost to me but... The moment Garret swung the helmet he really screwed up.  All the talk is on suspensions & how long, how about criminal charges.  That could be charged as Assault with a deadly weapon which is a felony in CA.

I would like to see a 16 game (one full season) for that.  How freaking stupid do you have to be to swing a helmet at another player.  I can’t ever recall seeing something like that.

He is from the Dallas area and played at Texas A&M.   These two clues should have let you know he was a bad apple.

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This seems to be the reason football is so popular with some.  IMO the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is the most appropriately named stadium in the country.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

As I heard this morning (which is probably inaccurate), Rudolph would have to press the charges.  I don't see that happening.  Garret has a few PF calls from earlier this year but doesn't have an NFL history of thuggery.  I guessing they will give him 6 games and make it stick or they will give him 8 games and drop it to 6 during the appeal.  

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

As I heard this morning (which is probably inaccurate), Rudolph would have to press the charges.  I don't see that happening.  Garret has a few PF calls from earlier this year but doesn't have an NFL history of thuggery.  I guessing they will give him 6 games and make it stick or they will give him 8 games and drop it to 6 during the appeal.  

Will he get off early for good behavior after 2.  Certainly football needs him.

• Haha 1

BTW, here is an image of Rudolph in the grasp with the ball still in his hand, so the late hit stuff holds no water.  And here is an image, with proof that Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first.  Just want to make sure he have the correct narrative.  Not defending how Garrett reacted to the attempt to rip his helmet off by Rudolph.

image.png.6433e4bbf10ba8f54490a7b7a2c123e1.png

image.png.54adff988d8b0bc1ee56b1be877d27bc.png

• Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Is it hard to see through a one way mirror while wearing Steelers colored glasses?  

Rudolph was in the grasp of Garrett when he threw the ball and was on the way to the ground

Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off as Garrett was trying to stand up.

Everything that happened after that rests squarely at the feet of Garrett and he should be heavily  fined and suspended for a very long time but to say it was unprovoked on the part of Garrett is foolish at best.

There is no doubt Randolph was at Garrett's helmet first. If that Moran from Celeryville can't see that, well that's on him. But what followed is inexcusable.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

BTW, here is an image of Rudolph in the grasp with the ball still in his hand, so the late hit stuff holds no water.  And here is an image, with proof that Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first.  Just want to make sure he have the correct narrative.  Not defending how Garrett reacted to the attempt to rip his helmet off by Rudolph.

You are missing some action there Bucky.  You are missing the part where Garret took him to the ground 3 years from the initial contact.  You are missing the part where Garret was wrestling with him on the ground - not trying to get up.

What shade of rose are Texas A&M glasses?

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

You are missing some action there Bucky.  You are missing the part where Garret took him to the ground 3 years from the initial contact.  You are missing the part where Garret was wrestling with him on the ground - not trying to get up.

What shade of rose are Texas A&M glasses?

Garret with Rudolph in his grasp, was on the way to the ground prior to the ball being thrown.  Rudolph had to be tired of getting pounded on play after play due to his inept O line and had to be frustrated at his performance, throwing 4 interceptions and being bassically useless for much of that game.

Perhaps, just perhaps your perceived wrestling was instigated by Rudolph, who clearly had hold of the back inside edge of Garrett's helmet and was trying to pull it off and what you perceived as wrestling was Garrett trying to get up and out of the grasp of a frustrated, embarrassed and triggered QB.

Again, everything that happened afterwards is all on Garrett and I agree what he did was inexcusable and that he should be fined, suspended for at least the rest of this season and should probably be charged with assault.  

But just like every other story this one has three sides.  Your side, my side and the truth.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

The Steelers are a bunch of losing thugs too.

As someone with no skin in the game, I think all four player involved should get equal suspension.  3 games should be fair.

Since three guy were coming at Garrett, Pennsylvania's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply and no criminal action should apply.

5 minutes ago, Dottie said:

There is no doubt Randolph was at Garrett's helmet first. If that Moran from Celeryville can't see that, well that's on him. But what followed is inexcusable.

Garret should have stopped and not swung the helmet.  Rudolph should be suspended a game for stupidity alone, but they’d call it for attempted feebly forcible helmet removal of Garret and conduct unbecoming.  

Garret will get worse, but I think two games would be appropriate. 

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

The initial hit wasn’t late, but he intentionally twisted Mason and threw him down on his shoulder. That is roughing the quarterback.

I’ve seen a hundred minor scuffles in the NFL after a hit on a QB, a defender knows the offensive line is going to get involved to protect their QB. I’ve never seen anyone swing a 6 lbs helmet at another man’s unprotected head. That’s all on Garrett.

Pouncey should get a game or two for kicking him, but swinging a helmet should be a fairly major suspension.

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

The initial hit wasn’t late, but he intentionally twisted Mason and threw him down on his shoulder. That is roughing the quarterback.

I’ve seen a hundred minor scuffles in the NFL after a hit on a QB, a defender knows the offensive line is going to get involved to protect their QB. I’ve never seen anyone swing a 6 lbs helmet at another man’s unprotected head. That’s all on Garrett.

Pouncey should get a game or two for kicking him, but swinging a helmet should be a fairly major suspension.

Correct. Pounceys actions were deplorable and should be penalized but I think few in here would take offense for a guy trying to protect his QB. While his actions should be accountable, he's not seen as the bad guy. 

54 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Is it easy to rip a helmet off by palming it like a basketball?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

It really depends on the prosecutor more so than the victim.  ADW is a felony and many felonies don’t require a victim to press charges.  If this was the case you couldn’t prosecute murder right?

Id like to see it to set a precedent but the likely hood of a prosecutor filing charges is remote.

15 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Rest of the season minimum and a big 6 figure fine for Garrett.  What he did was assault with a deadly weapon in all honesty.   I would not mind seeing him in court over this and maybe serve some time.  What to act like a thug, then get treated like a thug.   If that happened on the street outside a bar Garrett would be locked up this morning.

And the hit that had the Steelers receiver bleeding out of his ear was also inexcusable.  Major suspension and fine there as well.

And the three way hit on Smith Shuster with two Browns making helmet to helmet contact and the third shoving him face first to the ground was grounds for suspension.

NFL lost control of that game early on and I think all the early thuggery by the Browns on Rudolph and his receivers led to the boil over by Rudolph and the assault by Garrett on the final play.

If the NFL is serious about getting rid of the head injuries, they have to start reacting faster and harsher to the things that happened in the game last night.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Is it easy to rip a helmet off by palming it like a basketball?  Asking for a friend.

He had one hand under the back of the helmet and if you watch the replay, had the helmet well off of Garrett's head before he lost his grip, possibly because Steelers linemen were pulling Garrett off.   

image.png.a9167f8682a5a5ef11929d4b7c4a669a.png

Watch the video starting at around 1:45 and watch how far Rudolph yanked the helmet off Garretts head before he lost his grip.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

He had one hand under the back of the helmet and if you watch the replay, had the helmet well off of Garrett's head before he lost his grip, possibly because Steelers linemen were pulling Garrett off.   

Ah no.  I'm not going to bother watching the replay.  It's all the same to me anyway.  Needs bread to be complete.  IMO football is slowly destroying itself.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Rest of the season minimum and a big 6 figure fine for Garrett.  What he did was assault with a deadly weapon in all honesty.   I would not mind seeing him in court over this and maybe serve some time.  What to act like a thug, then get treated like a thug.   If that happened on the street outside a bar Garrett would be locked up this morning.

And the hit that had the Steelers receiver bleeding out of his ear was also inexcusable.  Major suspension and fine there as well.

And the three way hit on Smith Shuster with two Browns making helmet to helmet contact and the third shoving him face first to the ground was grounds for suspension.

NFL lost control of that game early on and I think all the early thuggery by the Browns on Rudolph and his receivers led to the boil over by Rudolph and the assault by Garrett on the final play.

If the NFL is serious about getting rid of the head injuries, they have to start reacting faster and harsher to the things that happened in the game last night.

The NFL has got to come down hard on this. I mean really hard. This cannot be acceptable in the game, period.